PDA

View Full Version : CF-3102 near trouble p8,p21

Custom Search

jethro tull
11-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone,
The copier is displaying those codes of trouble.Can anyone help me ?
And it can't print yellow.Only black,cyan and magenta which they don't have any problem .
Thanks in advance.

minimerlin
11-17-2009, 07:54 PM
The codes are because your yellow unit is not working...what happens if you try to print a yellow test print?

jethro tull
11-18-2009, 11:05 AM
The codes are because your yellow unit is not working...what happens if you try to print a yellow test print?
It doesn't print yellow at all.
Only black cyan and magenta prints.

minimerlin
11-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Sounds like you have a problem with the yellow IU. Are you getting any fault codes at all? Do you have another unit you can fit to test? I have had problems in the past with the transfer belt 1st transfer rollers but that usually gives partial color at least. I would try another IU.

jethro tull
11-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Is there any possibility to have problem the chip of the IU or the transfer belt?

minimerlin
11-23-2009, 08:32 PM
You could pull the transfer belt unit and check that it operates normally by moving the cams by hand , you should be able to get all the color rollers down by them selves and then the black by itself. Make sure that the rollers are tensioned when down. I would not expect the IU chip to cause a problem. Do you get any yellow print on the belt at all if you stop the machine in mid copy?

Astermarc
01-28-2010, 05:26 PM
But what if I get that code and everything is working fine? It's my case. In the morning I have P-21. I shut down the copier and I turn on and all day worked well. I had no problem except that P-21.

Stirton.M
01-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Two options.

Wipe clean the surface of the transfer belt itself with a dry clean cloth. DO NOT USE LIQUIDS of any kind.

Or

Replace the transfer belt.

A third option not covered in the manual, check the cleaning unit of the transfer belt to see if it is moving toner along the auger to the waste toner bottle. Check to make sure the little "snorkel" on the one end that pivots into the waste toner bottle is not damaged. If it is, unreliable cleaning will result from this unit. Generally, I remove this to give it a good cleaning by itself regardless of the auger check. Use a really good vacuum cleaner with a high quality bag (do not use bagless). Also, check all the metal tabs and nipples and clean them if they are soiled.

Astermarc
01-29-2010, 05:53 AM
Thx I check the clean unit from tranfer belt and I discover that it's not cleaning very well. Remains an area whit toner.

Stirton.M
01-29-2010, 07:39 AM
As I said, you can try to clean out the excess toner built up in the cleaning unit with a good quality vacuum cleaner. Do not use bagless ones, or you will be sending toner dust quite literally everywhere but in the cup. You will need to remove the cleaning section of the belt to be able to clean it.

Custom Search