PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 161f with a C14A3

Custom Search

Absurd
11-17-2009, 02:18 PM
I keep getting a C14A3 code on start up. Sometimes it will come up ready to copy but will eventually throw the code. The lamp doesnt seem to be very bright but ive never payed much attention to it before. The ends of the lamp look like they are getting dark like a florescent light that is getting old. What do you guys think is that most likely the cause of the error?

Hansoon
11-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Bulletin says replace CCD but I would try first cleaning the optics and than replace the lamp if no improvement.

Had several where replacing the lamp solved the problem for a long period.

They are not great machines however.

Hans

albasoul06
11-17-2009, 08:21 PM
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Check the document scale and the scanner position. If these items are not properly adjusted, it is possible to get C143A service codes.
Adjust the document scale and scanner position.
2. Poor connection.
Check connections between the scanner, scanner interface PWB, and control board (PWB-I). Change the PWB-1, the scanner interface PWB, then the
scanner, if necessary.

Absurd
11-18-2009, 02:16 PM
thanks guys. everything i can see points to the lamp its self. it has the look of a florescent lamp that is about to blow. im having trouble finding a part # for the lamp. all i can find is the part # for the whole scanner unit and that just seems dumb not to offer that little lamp as it own part. If anyone has ordered the lamp by its self could you please give me a part#
thanks.

Hansoon
11-20-2009, 06:22 AM
We always got the lamps from junkers. However there might be outside sources for such lamps cause they are similar to those in use for TFT screens.

Hans

Cantechman
11-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I am willing to bet its the PWB-P board. I have replaced those several times now, my last time I replaced it with a new one, turned the machine on and that code came up and I had to replace it a 2nd time. Reset the wide white ribbon cable first, and you are correct there is not lamp part number, its all one assy.

Custom Search