PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 420, jamming and toner issues...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
11-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Took on a new customer with a few issues in the box and had some questions. I did a machine history and there were a lot of jamming codes, mostly from the Tray 2 that they were using as the primary Letter size. I moved the paper up from Tray 2 to Tray 1 to help pinpoint the problem.

They've also got something more serious going on with the Toner Bottle rotation. The bottle cannot be pulled out when empty, because the rotation of the bottle doesn't stop at "HOME" position. You have to try to rotate the bottle by hand to get it to the spot where the divet is so that you can get the bottle out. What's also strange is that the bottle KEEPS TURNING, even after you've opened the door, which I find odd. I would think it would want to stop turning right then, so that nothing was moving when the customer opened the door, for safety reasons.

My thoughts were that, possibly these issues might be related to firmware, as the firmware looks old to me. Since I've only updated firmware on the color machines, I'm wondering if someone could shed some light.

Thanks in advance,
OC

copytechman
11-18-2009, 02:29 PM
The bottle can keep turning because the front door doesnt have an interlock on it.. and unless it's throwing c2403 codes i wouldn't be concerned so much... Its routine to occasionally turn the bottle to 12oclock before removing it.. in fact it shows that in the bottle replacement procedure... (rotate to 12oclock 1st!) Jamming is another matter... can be clutches or worn tires... depends.

Regards!
A.

mo0651
11-18-2009, 02:41 PM
The bottle won't stop at home position because it is dirty from toner dust and can't see see. You must get in and clean it.:cool:

copytechman
11-18-2009, 02:48 PM
What the above poster said is also possible but it would typically be accompanied by c2403 codes at least some of the time. (cuz the bottle can't tell when to stop).

Regards!
A.

Oystercopy
11-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Strangely, I don't think the machine is throwing codes at all for the bottle rotation. At least none that I noticed on the management list, nor that the customer was telling me.

Customer has an Agreement with a full authorized dealer that's not fixing the issues, so they're gonna have to decide to spend my time to look into and fix these issues.
OC

copytechman
11-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Again, I think jamming is one thing, but regarding your toner bottle issue, if there's no instances of code logged then likely the sensor/bottle etc is all working properly... like I said there's no front cover interlock, you can open it anytime and the machine won't know.. And you do have to turn the bottle to 12oclock to remove it generally if it's not @ 12oclock... these machines are pretty picky about the bottle rotation and you'd get codes the first time it would try to rotate the bottle because it appears to count the actually rotations (or else it wouldnt even know how much to add) except for the tds/toner sensor as well.. but it will throw codes the first time it rotates if it doesnt see the bottle rot sensor change state.. Been there, done that!

Regards!
A.

Custom Search