PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 600 hour glass

Custom Search

Rudi
11-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi guys , i have a bizhub 600 giving me the hour glass all the time it starts up normally but the screen doesnt go past the hour glass ,firmware cant be done because i cannot get into the service mode, i suspect one of the cf cards, but is there a way of maybe resetting or reprogramming these cards.
Regards
Rudi

albasoul06
11-18-2009, 04:19 PM
1. Power OFF the 600.
2. Hold down the Utility key and power ON. Release after 10 seconds.
3. Press Trouble Reset.
4. When OK displays, press Stop, 0, 0, Stop, 0, 1.

TheOwl
11-18-2009, 09:59 PM
I have had this problem when I forgot to put a CF card into a board that I had replaced.

I think that you could be on the right track with the CF card call so maybe try grabbing some out of a working machine if you have one available.

fixthecopier
11-18-2009, 11:05 PM
It would be the card on the image control board, or the board itself. We had one locked up so bad, all of the boards and cards were new, but we could not get it to take firmware. I was troubleshooting another machine and needed boards, so I took them one at a time and put in my machine and loaded firmware and ensured they worked, then brought the other back to life.

Haroldbfix
11-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Reflash the CF cards back to base firmware, and flash the machine back up to current firmware level. Worse case senario replace the CF cards or the NVram. This symptom is common on the 600's.

Rudi
11-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks alot guys , it turned out to be the cf card on the pwb - scb .These are excellent machines but firmware seems to be playing a too big role in the machine.
Regards

Custom Search