PDA

View Full Version : S300 50C-KM Driver problems

Custom Search

Dynamak
11-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi,

We've got the Fiery S300 50C-KM Rip connected to our C500 Bizhub Pro. As not to get to wordy here, we've tracked down drivers that work with Windows 7 64bit / Vista 64bit.

My problem is that within the driver, printer properties to be exact, there is a tab that has the installable options of the machine (finisher, hole punch etc.)

These items are greyed out and cannot be set. I know it has something to do with security/permissions on the computer,,,,,but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the permissions that pertain to the driver/rip. I am able to print, but not specify options and other items in the driver.

I am logged into my machine as administrator, and I'm positive that I have the rip setup properly (username, password, network etc.)

Does anyone have a solution/workaround for this issue?

I'm also in search of "restore disks" for the rip,,,any info regarding them would be a great timesaver too!

Many thanks in advance!

Mark
dynamak@gmail.com

kmcopier
11-29-2009, 08:36 PM
are you using the windows print function? our did you installed it locally and tcp/ip port

TheOwl
11-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Sounds like the driver is instlled on a network location such as a server or another desktop computer.

The easiest way to tell is to see if the driver icon in the print manager has a little network symbol attached to the printer or by looking at the printer name and see if it say something like 'xxxxxxxxxx on xxxxxxxxxxxx'.

To change the driver, you would need to logon to the computer as the domain administrator or logon to the server where the driver is held.

Dynamak
11-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Hi, Thank you both for the replies.

I'm running window 7 64 bit.....The main thing is that it is a 64 bit operating system.

The fiery doesn't have compatible drivers on-board. So I had to find 64 bit drivers and when I try to download the print drivers from the fiery, first it says they are incompatible but then I'm able to point at the drivers on my computer and install them from there. We are basically setup with a small network here at the print shop.

I do log in as administrator on the fiery (command workstation 4) and on my computer (local).
So yes, it is installed as a network printer (via tcp/ip).

Right now I am successfully printing from windows as if printing to a local printer and it's working,,except I can't specify the installed options on copier.

I can not access the fiery with a monitor and keyboard,,,so I don't know how I would install the drivers directly onto the fiery (which might give me what I want).

Any ideas here would be appreciated. I'm stumped right now. Take a look at the screen shot and you can see the naming of the drivers as well as the grayed out portion of the driver window that I can't specify installed options.

Thanks,
Mark

TheOwl
11-30-2009, 03:01 AM
Ok, so if I am right here, then you are printing to the SMB queue of the Fiery?

Instead of printing to the SMB queue, add a new printer and print to the printer via means of a Standard TCP/IP port rather than the existing queue on the machine.

To do this, follow these steps.

1. Add new Printer
2. Local Printer
3. Create new port - Standard TCP/IP
4. Enter in the IP address of the Fiery
5. Setup as a generic network card
6. Have disk and point to the driver that you downloaded
7. Finish the printer wizard

You should now be able to go into the printer properties and set your configuration. If you follow my setup there, please make sure that port 9100 is enabled on the machine.

Dynamak
11-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Hi Owl,

Your idea sounded great after reading it....but after doing it, I got the exact same result. It does seem to be some type of security/permissions issue.

I thank you just the same for helping me troubleshoot. If you think of anything else, please let me know.

If I come up with a solution, of course, I will post it!

:)
Mark

TheOwl
11-30-2009, 11:53 PM
I just had another look at your picture that you posted.

Try unticking the 'Update when driver opened' or the 'Two-way communication' and see if that enables you to manually add options.

Dynamak
12-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I just had another look at your picture that you posted.

Try unticking the 'Update when driver opened' or the 'Two-way communication' and see if that enables you to manually add options.

Hi Owl,

IT WORKED!

Using the setup that you suggested,,about adding the new printer AND unchecking the Update Driver etc., I was able to successfully designate the installed options.

With the original driver setup, print, hold, direct, unchecking two way still didn't work.

I also toyed around a bit. After designating the installed option, I re-checked the "two-way" and the options stayed. I was able to add the IP and check the consumables and that also worked.

BUT

When I was actually attempting to print a document, and went into printer properties, I was not able to check (view) consumable, there was no communication there. This is trivial as compared to getting it finally working! And I did print and so far it did work properly!

All in all, I must say thank you very much for the assistance with this issue. It's amazing anything (electronics) works in the first place!

A little history,,,,this is the second bizhub pro C500 we now have,,,,the first one, which is a lease, has a CREO rip (IKON),,,we outright bought this new unit on EBAY and it actually prints better color than the IKON. If we can't get a good buy-out at the end of lease, we will give our first one back and live with the new one.

I'll probably be posting in the future, these machines as you know, aren't without fault and needs.

Thanks again!
Mark

leav97
09-24-2010, 08:01 PM
What driver did you find that works. I'm trying to set this up on a x64 bit system and having problems finding drivers.

Dynamak
09-27-2010, 02:17 PM
What driver did you find that works. I'm trying to set this up on a x64 bit system and having problems finding drivers.

Hi, here is the link to the drivers that I'm currently using with great results. I use Windows 7 64 bit.

Support & Drivers Search Results | Product: IP-901 / S300 50C-K (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/Download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=284)

Mark

ScottN
02-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Dynamak,

How did you get it to print to begin with? I downloaded those drivers on a computer I'm working on (Win 7 x64) and created the IP Port and installed the driver and it keeps erroring out. I'm getting no print jobs at all. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott

TheOwl
02-23-2012, 10:22 PM
What error are you getting?

Is it a Windows Error or a print spooler error?

ScottN
02-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Must be a spooler error. It goes into the Windows print queue and says "Printing" for a couple minutes until it switches to "Error - Printing"

TheOwl
02-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Sounds like your TCP/IP port isn't setup correctly.

Can you open up the port and tell me everything listed in there that has been setup, or provide a screenshot?

A config page out of the device would also be helpful.

Custom Search