PDA

View Full Version : FS-603 and C351

Custom Search

Darphicus
11-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey Tech Gods,

I pulled the afore said finisher out of a site because it stopped working midway through a copy job. No codes or anything. Just will not function. The finisher works fine at our offices and is running great. On site it doesn't show that their is a finisher even attached to the machine. This Finisher also has the Staple Unit attached to it.

Question:
We are thinking that it is the power/logic connector on the back of the copier itself. Konica tells us to check the fuses. Has anyone else ran into this if so any fixes I should attempt before getting a new wiring harness and re-running that bad boy.

--Darphicus

albasoul06
11-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Upgrade the firmware

Darphicus
11-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Will do... Also going to do some checks on the main Power board i was advised this morning that it was changed.

TIA

Darphicus
12-01-2009, 04:27 PM
I have upgraded the firwmare to the latest required by Konica.

Checked the power board I have continuity to the Mechanical Board and on Pin 2 of the jumper I have five volts. At the connector I have continuity on the pins. But It almost seems like I am not getting power. My next step is to replace the entire Wiring harness because if their is a break in there it would probably be nigh impossible to find it.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

--Darphicus

JtheCopyGuy
02-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Any progress on this? I have a similar issue. Had a C351 with a 603 finisher, finisher stopped working, another tech determined it was the port and the port was too big of a problem to deal with apparently, so we simply changed out the machines. Now... 3 months later we're having the same issue. I don't know if it's the SAME finisher causing this issue, or the fact that the power line is daisy chained through like 3 power strips -.-
Any updates/info would be greatly appreciated.

Stirton.M
02-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Standard fair, break out the service manual and trace the power from the PSU. It is likely a blown fuse at the PSU if there is no finisher option shown via control panel...stapler or hole punch for example. If you see neither, it is likely PSU related. If you do see both but have no function (and in the rare case no finisher as well), then likely an ICP has blown on the MCB. ICPs are integrated circuit protectors, or simpy just fancy fuses. They are scattered around most boards on any given machine, are white in colour (usually, though sometimes they can be black) and look quite a bit like a surface mounted capacitor or resistor. Most are well marked as to the name ICP. Unplug the main power and you can put an ohmeter across these...the audio type meter is best for this. If you have an open circuit, the board has to go back to National board repair in your country, or KM Japan for repair. Do not try to repair this yourself.

JtheCopyGuy
02-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Ok, so I checked continuity for all the cables n' everything works great. Just went through and started testing fuses and found 1 that was dead, replaced and testing, will update.:D

JtheCopyGuy
02-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Guilty Party was F202, a fuse that is supposed to be for the ADF. Swapped and that was all it needed!
Thanks for the help Stirton!

Stirton.M
02-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Good show... :P

Custom Search