PDA

View Full Version : C253 with K i/u issues

Custom Search

emujo
11-20-2009, 06:00 PM
C253, 110 K copies approx 50% color. Orignal problem was developer migrating from K i/u onto copies. Swapped with new i/u and CQ lasted around 100 copis before CQ came back. Ran another 500 copies trying to figure out what the problem was but eventually found one of the connections from the HVT board was not seated properly to the rear frame connection for the i/u. Thought great, problem solved, ran a few 100 copies to verify no developer migration but by then enough developer had dumped that the K i/u needed replacement once more. Replaced i/u for 3rd time and now I have CQ issues as you can see in the attached sample. Copier is at latest firmware and no issues with any of the color I/Us. The sample is a half tone 1 piece black on 11x17. The image may not show it very well but the smaller clumps are actually square blocks less than 1x1 mm square. As you can see the pattern repeats throughout the image and it lines up with the circumferance of the drum. Pulled the drum unit out during the copy cycle and the image is being written this way. Pulled the Print heads out lloking for developer spill and swapped C and K around as a test. No change. Any thought? Thanks Emujo

Custom Search