02-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Hello.

/DaZ is new here as well. :)

Aneurysm
02-26-2007, 07:28 PM
I have been here since day 1, welcome!

jaspiau
02-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Same here. I am new to everything. Got interested in this field from the last few months & started reading material on this subject, started applying for jobs & finally got a job as trainee service technician with a dealer selling Ricoh photo copier machines. Will be joining from 1st March. Please , someone guide me what basics I should know to start the job.
Thanks.
JASPI.

wekek
02-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Same here. I am new to everything. Got interested in this field from the last few months & started reading material on this subject, started applying for jobs & finally got a job as trainee service technician with a dealer selling Ricoh photo copier machines. Will be joining from 1st March. Please , someone guide me what basics I should know to start the job.
Thanks.
JASPI.

Stay cool.....

CMB
02-27-2007, 11:26 AM
i'm old. not really. don't know how long i've been here. a while i guess....

troyboy
02-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks.
JASPI.

i always use the k.i.s.s. ( keep it simple stupid) don't make it anymore complicated than it already is. troy

suckis
02-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Javis, don't let this work ruin you. Be cool.

jaspiau
02-28-2007, 01:30 AM
Thanks friends, will keep you posted how it goes from the very start.
JASPI.

Tonerbomb
02-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Welcome, Hang around awhile, it's like beer, once you've aquired a taste for it you'll always want more!!

javis
02-28-2007, 04:43 AM
Thanks very much for the warm welcome :)

Ctl-Alt-Del
02-28-2007, 08:48 AM
10 random tips, in no particular order:

Tip 1: Be honest with the customer, they can tell when your full of shit.

Tip 2: Talk to the person that placed the call. They call everything the "Document feeder", If you don't talk to them you might fix the wrong document feeder.

Tip 3: Clean machines run better! Clean and vac on every call, including the exterior. People see fingerprints after you leave and think you and the machine are a piece of crap.

Tip 4: Always test thoroughly before you run out the door.

Tip 5: Preventative maintenance will save you time/money in the long run.

Tip 6: If possible, fill the cassettes with paper before you walk out the door. If the machines runs out of paper 2 copies after you walk out the door they will get a negative impression of your work.

Tip 7: make sure they have a spare toner on hand, when they run out 2 days after you were there and they don't have a spare they will see that as a negative.

Tip 8: Have fun, your getting paid to drive between stand in front of a customer for 4-5 hours a day and do a shit load of windshield time.

Tip 9: Don't be afraid to ask for help. These are not exactly simple machines.

Tip 10: communicate schedule delays to your customers. If you promised 10am but can't get there until 2pm, let them know. We all hate waiting for the cable guy.

Wild Bill
03-02-2007, 03:50 AM
Welcome, I think you are on the right track by just being on this board. Everyone I have asked questions have been very helpful. Always be willing to ask for help and always be willing to help others, that is what a forum like this is for. If you need help working on a copier in the near future you can e-mail me or call me. I only ask that when you are ready you help others also.

jaspiau
03-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks friends,
It seems there is a great big team here to help me whenever I need. Its been 15 days since I joined my job & everyone there is very friendly & helpful. Started doing runups on new machines (Ricoh) & also did refurbishing of two old machines, of course with the help of a senior technician who is in a way giving training to me.
Is there any standard procedure to do runups for new machines? If anyone who does rupups on new machines , please share their experience with me. Thanks.
JASPI.

Wild Bill
03-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks friends,
It seems there is a great big team here to help me whenever I need. Its been 15 days since I joined my job & everyone there is very friendly & helpful. Started doing runups on new machines (Ricoh) & also did refurbishing of two old machines, of course with the help of a senior technician who is in a way giving training to me.
Is there any standard procedure to do runups for new machines? If anyone who does rupups on new machines , please share their experience with me. Thanks.
JASPI.

I believe you are talking about setting up new machines? The main thing is to set them up by the book. If you are trained on the settings and adjustments, keep a folder or a log and don't ever skimp on these. Even if the sales people put pressure on you. You want them to be set up correctly. Another thing I look for is old tape still stuck on the covers. Always try and remove the gum left by the tape. Take your tape that you just removed and press it on and off several times and this will take it off. If not get some cleaner that will remove it without damaging the covers.

Just be consistent and you can't go wrong!

jaspiau
03-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks friend. Actually I am working in workshop where I have to remove the machine from packing, remove all the tapes used for packing cardboard & thermocall for support, then put on all the stickers, put the developer in the dev unit, put all the toner bottles, fit the finisher, mail bin trays, attach it to the machine, then run the machine. I am given a sheet which explains how I have to go in setup & run all the codes to set the side to side & leading or trailing registrations etc, then go to user codes & set the fax & printer settings etc. I also have to install the fax & printer attachment, then run a trial fax & check the machine for networking (ping test). There is another team which goes to the clients place to install the machine & explain them all the working.
JASPI.

Custom Search