PDA

View Full Version : jaming with glose paper

Custom Search

gamalmehdar
11-22-2009, 05:44 AM
the bizhub pro c6501 jamming when using the glose paper ?

Always jamming on the fusing nip. especially when the color is black .

The paper stack on the fusing roller.

The normal paper its ok? So how can resolve this problem

Thanks for all

RobboUK
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
We are having issues with glossy paper in the bypass trays of even brand new Bizhub C550 and 6501s...

So a fix to this would also be good for me.

dljorg
12-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Too much toner will cause a fuser jam - toner does not fully melt and gets sticky.

Suggestions:
1. Make sure the paper weight and type settings are correct for the paper being run - very frequent customer oversight especially for new customers.

2. Get your customer to run monocolor black and not process black. Much less toner on the paper with monocolor of course so the fuser works better.

3. Change the fuser temp both in idle and run. In the paper setup, Process Adjust screen there is a place to change temp for that particular paper. I would thnk raising the temp would be the right answer and it has worked for me in the past. However, I have seen a KM recommendation to lower the fuser temp in this situation that I do not understand. Gues the solution would be to try both. Would like to hear your results.

If the Process Adjust button is not visible in the paper settings on your machine set DIP Sw 1-0 to 1.

Do not recommend raising the temp in service mode as that affects the entire machine and will probably shorten parts life.

Best Regards from Connecticut!

ni311
12-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Are you sure it is in fuser and not in the bypass?
RobboUK, for bypass jamming, try to set the pressure on the feed roller a little higher. Check the manual to see how it is done.

gamalmehdar
12-26-2009, 07:05 AM
yes its in the fuser unit

kmcopier
12-27-2009, 09:56 PM
For glossy paper there a special heaters for the PF and LT.. Then you can make the settings controlled by tempature and if the tempature in the PF and LT is not Ok the heater starts heating up and if the paper is not correct it can take about a max of 45 min before the machine starts....
So the paper is causing this contact your paper reseller, maybe they have a other kind that's better.

Gr kmcopier

Custom Search