PDA

View Full Version : C650 color Registration issues???

Custom Search

keystonenew
11-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Our C650 registers color great on text weight papers, but on cover weights, the first copy prints in registration, but the rest have colors out of register. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

trublu
11-24-2009, 01:38 AM
I have seen this issue, but not on a C650. I cant recall which type of machine but it was a bizhub MFP.

Extra torque at the 2nd transfer roller is required for thick paper. When the first sheet leaves the 2nd transfer roller this extra torque causes a speed up of the transfer belt which cause the registration issue on the 2nd and all subsequent pages.

Solution was to increase the gap between sheets for Thick Paper 2 and 3, so that no image was being put on the belt when paper was leaving the 2nd transfer section. Of course, this will cause a decrease in productivity. I think this was done with a firmware update, rather than a change of settings.

Cheers

keystonenew
11-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks & I'll verify if we flashed w/ the R6 update. WOuld re-installing the firmware fix the problem? Thanks much.

minimerlin
11-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Our C650 registers color great on text weight papers, but on cover weights, the first copy prints in registration, but the rest have colors out of register. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.You can adjust the color registration for different stock weights in tech mode, settings available for everything up to thick4!

keystonenew
11-25-2009, 01:50 AM
You can adjust the color registration for different stock weights in tech mode, settings available for everything up to thick4!

Wow, thanks for the tip & just when I thought it may be a bad circuit board or something. Is it pretty simple to make the adjustments when we get into the tech mode? Do we get into tech mode when we go into admin settings?

Si@danwood
11-25-2009, 06:39 AM
Try replaced the fusing loop sensor actuator(located just beneath the fuser)these wear slightly causing exactly what you describe here..Si

keystonenew
11-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Try replaced the fusing loop sensor actuator(located just beneath the fuser)these wear slightly causing exactly what you describe here..Si
Thanks, but this is a brand new machine w/ only 10K on the counter. Could the sensor still be bad & where could we find a new one, seeing that we're not on a maintenance contract?

keystonenew
11-25-2009, 06:15 PM
We adjusted the color registration for thick 2/3/4 & not much change. Registers at center of a 12z18 sheet, but color registers to right of black @ leading edge of sheet & left of the black @ the trailing edge. Runs 100lb gloss cover on thick 1 setting w/ perfect registration, but of course, the toner doesn't fuse properly & flakes off. We switch to thicker settings & registration is off. This is crazy frustrating.

TonerMonkey
11-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks, but this is a brand new machine w/ only 10K on the counter. Could the sensor still be bad & where could we find a new one, seeing that we're not on a maintenance contract?
Check that the actuator spring on the fuser speed control sensor has the correct tension, i.e. isn't slack or sitting out of position. Have seen something similar caused by spring tension being incorrect.

RRodgers
11-26-2009, 03:12 PM
The problem is the fuser speed. Do the fuser speed adjustment for the thicker paper and that should fix it. (speed adj is in tech mode)

Custom Search