PDA

View Full Version : c5500

Custom Search

big jase
11-24-2009, 06:44 PM
i have a c5500 where marks are on output (small pitch marks only visable when you hold to light , it's the same color but at a different denisty) these are not on output when outputed face up. so must be something in inverson exit, but i am unable to see anything causing marks..any one with ideas would be great:confused:

random
11-24-2009, 07:54 PM
i have a c5500 where marks are on output (small pitch marks only visable when you hold to light , it's the same color but at a different denisty) these are not on output when outputed face up. so must be something in inverson exit, but i am unable to see anything causing marks..any one with ideas would be great:confused:

This usually happens when hardend toner is attached to the inversion baffle. You will have to dismantle the inversion unit to polish it off.

dljorg
12-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Did cleaning all toner caked on the movable clear plastic paper guide to the left of the fuser fix your marks? Generally I use a small flat blade screwdriver to gently scrape the movable guide. You really have to hold your finger over the plastic ribs to see the toner stuck on there. Usually the thing needs to be replaced after 5 or 6 cleanings.

(Sorry I am from the US so we know this as the inverter gate, what the heck is a baffle?)

The other place that will give surface scratches is the Relay Unit, especially on heavy stock. KM has a kit of mylars to go in the Relay Unit that is supposed to fix scratching there but I have found it to be fairly ineffective.

Best thing to do is to make sure the paper being run has the grain in the short direction so it bends easier as it goes thru the machine.

Best Regards from Connecticut!

Custom Search