PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Publisher Finishing issues

Custom Search

excanonguy
11-26-2009, 02:33 PM
I have seen this same problem on 2 different machines in the last couple of weeks ..when using publisher and trying to do booklets the machine will only do one booklet properly...if you select more than one copy it will print them all together and staple them as one booklet ...I have played around with all the collate driver settings could not get either of them to work...however once the document (in both cases) was converted to a PDF I could get it to print properly, no problems. The first machine was a C450 the second a C253, both with saddle stitchers...anyone else seen or resolved this issue?

blackcat4866
11-26-2009, 03:09 PM
I've seen something similar on Copystar machines. The page images were consistently mis-registered or overlapped on pgs 3 & 4 of the booklet from Publisher 2007.

My solution was to upgrade the print driver to a newer version, but you may have good results from downgrading to an older driver, or maybe using a universal driver. It makes sense to hold onto the older versions of the print drivers. Along the same lines, I'm not in a such big hurry to rush around and upgrade functioning print drivers. It's a good way to create problems where there are none, yet...

Newer is not necessarily better. Whenever possible I like to try out new drivers & firmware in my office before taking them out to the customer.

=^..^=

TheOwl
11-26-2009, 09:20 PM
You say that you have played with the collate settings within the driver, but have you turned the collate setting off in the Publisher Print dialog box?

Turn off the collate option that you can see in this image marked with red. The Publisher Print dialog box might look a little different as this is from Word, but the same principal.

TonerMonkey
11-26-2009, 10:32 PM
You say that you have played with the collate settings within the driver, but have you turned the collate setting off in the Publisher Print dialog box?

Turn off the collate option that you can see in this image marked with red. The Publisher Print dialog box might look a little different as this is from Word, but the same principal.

I would second that, well done that man !!!

excanonguy
11-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I would second that, well done that man !!!

Pretty sure I tried that...but hey my toner damaged brain might have forgotten lol! I will drop in on them next week and check it out. Thanks guys.

Custom Search