PDA

View Full Version : 19 x 13 paper jamming in FS521 finisher

Custom Search

seniortech
11-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Just installed a C6501 with a FS 521 finisher, customer will be using it only to run 19 x 13 210g coated card single sided, card feeds into the sub tray without problems, but will jam when using finisher (stacker) tray, leading edge will stop just underneath entrance to the stacker section, bypass gate solenoids and tray gate solenoids appear to be working ok. Card 18 x 12 feeds through ok so it seems this problem might be size related. Sorry but I have forgotten the jam code generated.

Anyone had problems with media of this type/size on this finisher?

Many thanks

KEVIN900
12-30-2009, 03:56 AM
Dude, 12" x 18" is the maximum size paper for that machine.

Stirton.M
12-30-2009, 05:11 AM
Just installed a C6501 with a FS 521 finisher, customer will be using it only to run 19 x 13 210g coated card single sided, card feeds into the sub tray without problems, but will jam when using finisher (stacker) tray, leading edge will stop just underneath entrance to the stacker section, bypass gate solenoids and tray gate solenoids appear to be working ok. Card 18 x 12 feeds through ok so it seems this problem might be size related. Sorry but I have forgotten the jam code generated.

Anyone had problems with media of this type/size on this finisher?

Many thanks

You can review the jam code through service mode. Without this code, such a jam may be virtually impossible to pinpoint. It could be simply that the paper tray is misprogrammed and the paper size mismatch is failing there. But if not, as I said, the code is important.

Utility key
STOP - 0 - 0 - STOP - 0 - 1

Select counter/data mode
then
Paper Jam history

This should show you the latest series of jams, the first on the list is the most recent. It should tell you specific details, but the jam code listed there will be what I want to know.

If you go to software switch, you can change

Switch 11, bit 7 from zero to one. This will enable the machine to display the code at the time of the jam event itself.

seniortech
12-30-2009, 06:56 PM
I got this sorted, The Finisher was only at V50, upgrading to the latest release V60 corrected the jamming problem with the large size paper, see correction of malfunctions No 8)

FS-521]
1) J-7217 may occur with thin paper / large size.
2) Misdetection of photosensor on the main tray sometimes occurs if the miscellaneous ligh enters. Upper limit detecionis optimized.
3) During ouputting mixed size paper, the interval between papers may become too narrow and jam occurs.
4) When mixed size paper is output with face-up, (straight pape exit), jam may occur.
5) Papers in a staple set may not be aligned.
6) If jobs are reserved intermittently, FS-521 may lock up.
7) J-7230 occurs if a staple job is canceled but the papers in the stacker is not exitted. The control is changed to exit and staple the remaining papers in the stacker.
8) If FS-521 is connected with the RU-504, the long paper such as 13x19 jams.

Custom Search