PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Paper Exit Unit on 7235

Custom Search

jarwil
12-01-2009, 03:22 AM
Need to replace the Paper Exit Unit on a 7235.

Customer has snapped the lugs that hold paper exit guide in place. Are unable to copy duplex without jamming.

Question is has anyone replaced one of these before and if so how is it done? I have a feeling the top of the machine has to come off but unsure how to do it.

Can someone provide any info as to doing this or point me in the right direction.

Thanks

ebm
12-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Unfortunately, you are right about the optical pan having to come off. Best if you download the service manual from the KonicaMinolta website. Also, give yourself some room to work in because alot of the covers,boards,etc. needs to come off.

The engineers seemed to have built the machine "around" the exit assy and made it of plastic parts that break easily.

Col. Buckshot
12-09-2009, 09:09 PM
You don't have to replace the exit unit. If at least one of the plastic lugs are left on both ends of the guide you can repair it with a twist tie. Take 2- 3" twist ties strip off the covering and wrap the bare wire around the remaining lug and guide shaft. I know it sounds like a bad episode of McGuyver but it beats wasting hours ripping down haft the copier to replace an over priced exit unit. I've wired dozens of 7020's, 7145's and a few 7235's .

Custom Search