PDA

View Full Version : Konika Bizhub 211

Custom Search

jimi
12-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Hello guys,
I have a Bizhub 211 and i get a "Maintenance Call M2" error.
What can i do about it?
It is my printer and I can't pay the Service (34euro/hour).
How can I reset the printer counter?
I understand that, when i get this error, I have to change the PC, but for the moment works fine and i want to change it later.
Please help!

Desert Rat
12-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Jimi,
I have read some posts concerning re-chipping the cartridge. I prefer to
just replace the cartridge, but if this is your own box, then it may be an
option.
Those post were on this website, a search may bring them up for you.

Good luck

DR

montana
12-01-2009, 02:37 PM
hi..just go into service mode utility<stop<0<0<stop<0<1 ...then clear the maintenance conter
i wish you good luck..;)

jimi
12-01-2009, 02:52 PM
hi..just go into service mode utility<stop<0<0<stop<0<1 ...then clear the maintenance conter
i wish you good luck..;)

Hi montana
I've entered the service mode:) then what (it's my first time)?
how do I clear the maintenance counter ...
the maintenance counter is 000000...i have the printer for a while and the print counter for example is 48593 :p

minimerlin
12-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Why not just ignore the code, or has it stopped the unit working. Be careful clearing counters as if you do not know what you are doing and reset the wrong items you may be in deeper trouble! The M2 code is for the 40K service interval on the Image unit...Drum, Cleaning Blade, Developer all should be renewed. You then clear the relevant counters and do ATDC adjust before any copies are made. The machine will normally run for a long time without doing this!

Desert Rat
12-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Jimi,
If you have to into service to clear you may want to have the manual
so you can navigate through the service mode to get to the counter
"clear" screen. I am not familiar with this model. If it is as the BH210
the screen you are looking for would be under counters. But sometimes
you have to access a different screen to clear. It would be labeled
something like data collection. I am not sure, that is why I make it a
point to have the book. Less chance of erasing something important,
like the firmware.

DR

jimi
12-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Well...the printer can't even scan right now.
I haven't done anything yet to it...the maintenance counter is 000000.
I think it is bocause the 48k pages printed. I've read that I should change the PC...but this one is OK...the quality of the prints is exactly the same as the begining. I'de like to change it later, when it gets damaged and I have the money :p.
I'll google it further...so far I can't find a service manual that leed's me to the counter reset menu, it just says to call service.

minimerlin
12-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Well...the printer can't even scan right now.
I haven't done anything yet to it...the maintenance counter is 000000.
I think it is bocause the 48k pages printed. I've read that I should change the PC...but this one is OK...the quality of the prints is exactly the same as the begining. I'de like to change it later, when it gets damaged and I have the money :p.
I'll google it further...so far I can't find a service manual that leed's me to the counter reset menu, it just says to call service.
In that case you need to go into Service Choice screen and change the IU Life Stop Mode from "STOP" to "CONTINUOUS"

The machine I think has been set to stop when the IU count runs out.

Check what the Supplies Life Counter is reading, It starts at 40k and runs down to zero, if the machine is set to STOP, all functions are then stopped! If you set to CONTINUOUS it should work and just show the M2 as a small indication. If you cannot get it to work after you have done this action you will have to clear the supplies life and then do atdc adjust which will make the counter reset.

JustManuals
12-01-2009, 10:35 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

jimi
12-02-2009, 09:38 AM
In that case you need to go into Service Choice screen and change the IU Life Stop Mode from "STOP" to "CONTINUOUS"

The machine I think has been set to stop when the IU count runs out.

Check what the Supplies Life Counter is reading, It starts at 40k and runs down to zero, if the machine is set to STOP, all functions are then stopped! If you set to CONTINUOUS it should work and just show the M2 as a small indication. If you cannot get it to work after you have done this action you will have to clear the supplies life and then do atdc adjust which will make the counter reset.

Thanks minimerlin I changed IU Life Stop Mode to "CONTINUOUS" and I could finish my work.
Now the printer just has an M2 error on screen, but it functions.
I have read this reply a little to late (I have called the service, they should arrive soon)...but now I know what to do when I am in a hurry.

Thanks again guys for your help!:D

montana
12-02-2009, 12:02 PM
hi...when you enter the service mode choose the data clear...i think it will solve your broplem...;)

seltan
12-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Hello guys,
I have a Bizhub 211 and i get a "Maintenance Call M2" error.
What can i do about it?
It is my printer and I can't pay the Service (34euro/hour).
How can I reset the printer counter?
I understand that, when i get this error, I have to change the PC, but for the moment works fine and i want to change it later.
Please help!
hi friend just enter into service mode and perform the lifecounter clear under the clear data,if you need any help msg my mobile

Custom Search