PDA

View Full Version : Konica 2028 Problems

Custom Search

antoneue
12-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey Guys,

We have a Konica 2028 that we got for free and are having an issue.

It is not giving us a code but the prints are VERY VERY light, almost like it is out of toner, but it should probably have some sort of low toner notice right?

Also, there are some vertical streaks. Does anyone know which rollers should be cleaned for this?

Thanks
Anthony

Luther
12-02-2009, 06:51 PM
You got it free because it's about 15 years old...........you need a tech the drum unit needs to be removed and cleaned, drum cleaning blade, Ps1 etc. at the very least....optics are probably dirty........could need drum, drum blade..........fuser rollers............really not worth the money...at the very least ps1 need to be cleaned to correct the light copies or if the machine was sitting for a long time toner could be packed down in the toner hopper..........you might be opening a can of worms.........hope this helps

antoneue
12-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Yeah thats what I figured. It's just sitting in our school. Any tips on how I could try to fix it. Messing it up worse is not a problem as it is already not working, but would be nice to try.

pepper38_cnd
12-03-2009, 11:29 AM
If your not concerned about messing it up, you can try this.
Power on the machine while holding the 4 and 7 key, enter 01 and press the start key this will cause the machine to cycle and add toner. Let it run for about 1 minute and power it off. Turn back on and run 25 blank sheets to mixup the dev then check copy quality. If it's improved your lucky if not you probably need a dev change to say the least.

In the world of Copiers "Free" is rarely a good thing. Free usually means it's going to cost me too much to fix, so I'll let you have it.

Custom Search