PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C353

Custom Search

Jose
12-03-2009, 06:21 AM
When cust is using ADF to send a fax they will some time get a msg saying Memory full. And if you look into job sent history it will say job deleted do to memory full.

It is happing on two different copies on site they just had fax kits installed about 3 weeks ago.
I reflashed the firmware to R6 and re initialized the fax, how ever when i was on site I could not get it to give me the same error. I scanned 6 groups of 23 pages to fax with no problems.

OBXtech
12-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Has the customer shown you the document they are trying to fax? Is it too many pages? Do the pages have a lot of black coverage?

Have them try to fax something while you stand there. I don't know how many times I've gone into a customer's office and could not duplicate their problem. Sometimes seeing the customer screw it up in front of you will allow you to not only fix the immediate problem, but will also allow you to train the user(s) on how to operate their equipment.

:rolleyes:I know it rarely happens, but it could be user error:rolleyes:

Jose
12-05-2009, 04:55 AM
I have not got a call back yet. But if I do I will.

Jose
12-18-2009, 09:32 PM
One of the other techs got a call back fro the same account. And if showed the same thing in the Fax Log. TX Fax deleted due to memory Full.

He also could not create the problem and Called Konica They informed him that they do not know why it would be doing that.

He incompleted the call for time.

Stirton.M
12-21-2009, 11:13 PM
One of the other techs got a call back fro the same account. And if showed the same thing in the Fax Log. TX Fax deleted due to memory Full.

He also could not create the problem and Called Konica They informed him that they do not know why it would be doing that.

He incompleted the call for time.

This does sound rather odd.

Is JBIG (not jpeg) turned on for faxes? Turn it off. Also, reduce the fax data rate from 33.6Kb to 28.8Kb.

The test pages you did, were they just plain text or blank? Push out a test page from the machine and make a bunch of copies of that in greyscale. Than fax that.

It could also be an indication of a bad memory module. The machine doesn't do any kind of memory test that is meaningful to its integrity, only that it is there and "functioning". A quick way to know is to simply swap the memory modules with known good ones. Test the other in a test bed (or PC that can take these modules) and do a walking bit test.

Also, find out if the person doing the faxing is doing print to fax and verify if their "fax driver" is the correct version for the firmware level of the machine.

Custom Search