PDA

View Full Version : Jamming problems with Panasonic UF-XXX fax machines

Custom Search

aooa
03-05-2007, 03:00 PM
We've been working on Panasonic UF770, 880, 885, and similar models. These all are pretty similar to identical inside and all of them have strange jamming problems. We've replaced the paper pickup rollers (DZLA000081) , tried different drum/toner cartridges, yet it'll still randomly jam. What else should we be doing to try and fix this?
Thanks.

pat
03-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Hmm? We still have a lot of those Uf models running and they're actually still doing quite well.
Do you have the same jam error on all the uf models and where exactly does the paper get jammed, at the pick up, at the transfer roller or in the fixing? Are you using the original panasonic cartridges?

There were a lot of problems with the panasonic cartridges a few years ago, they caused a short-circuit and the machine got completely reset.
But that's not a problem anymore.

dqydj
03-07-2007, 07:19 PM
We still have a lot of these out there as well.
What I would look at is wear on the actuator of the paper feed
switches. I've seen these cause eratic jamming.
As old as these machines are there is a good chance of substantial
switch wear.
good luck.

texchar555
03-08-2007, 03:22 AM
We've been working on Panasonic UF770, 880, 885, and similar models. These all are pretty similar to identical inside and all of them have strange jamming problems. We've replaced the paper pickup rollers (DZLA000081) , tried different drum/toner cartridges, yet it'll still randomly jam. What else should we be doing to try and fix this?
Thanks.
check the registration sensor under the toner detect unit 2 screws to remove. The paper will wear down the sensor arm. I found this causes a lot of jamming problems.

Custom Search