PDA

View Full Version : BH C500 not printing center

Custom Search

Glendini
12-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi again guys,

I need some hep again with the BH Pro C500. Every print I do, the printer or Fiery (IP 921) seems to be adjusting the print position on the page to top, right. leaving a bigger margin on the left and bottom.

This is even resulting in my images being cut off on the right hand side and top. To try and explain this better, if I had an image exactly A3 and did not tell it to print to fit, it should cut off a bit on all four sides right? It is not cutting off on the right and at the top.

Where about can I change this setting and is it also possible to change the default 7.5 mm "margin" all round to 5 mm? although the margin is not much of a biggie as such.

I hope I explained this right and you can make out.

Kind Regards,
Nate :p

Stirton.M
12-09-2009, 12:48 AM
In the print driver, if configured correctly for the fiery, will have an option under "finishing" called image shift. You can use this to move the printed image around, up/down and left/right accordingly. Check to make sure yours is set to zero if the checkbox is enabled.

Also, check to make sure your machine is centered for the paper drawers. There is a lengthy convoluted adjustment routine to center the image on all the drawers, including through the ADU. That is, assuming the centering sensors have been disabled in tech rep. It isn't a short and sweet process and can consume a lot of paper. Once those are centered, re-enabling the sensors ensures proper image placement in most documents. Of course, making sure you have the right paper size setting for the drawer is tantamount to making sure the image sent will be placed where you want it. Shrink to fit will do just that, but this is irrelevant is the paper centering is off, or image shift has been enabled and a value entered in the driver.

Let us know if you need more assistance on this.

Having a ball
12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi again guys,

I need some hep again with the BH Pro C500. Every print I do, the printer or Fiery (IP 921) seems to be adjusting the print position on the page to top, right. leaving a bigger margin on the left and bottom.

This is even resulting in my images being cut off on the right hand side and top. To try and explain this better, if I had an image exactly A3 and did not tell it to print to fit, it should cut off a bit on all four sides right? It is not cutting off on the right and at the top.

Where about can I change this setting and is it also possible to change the default 7.5 mm "margin" all round to 5 mm? although the margin is not much of a biggie as such.

I hope I explained this right and you can make out.

Kind Regards,
Nate :p
Check your tray adjust settings

Custom Search