PDA

View Full Version : Minolga Di200 / Pi3502 Driver

Custom Search

jorge1011
12-09-2009, 04:37 AM
Hello,
I have a Minolta Di200 with Pi3502 driver.
This printer's IP is stuck at 10.0.1.3(protocol address), and 10.0.1.1 default gateway. Can this be changed? I need to change this information to the IP used in my network (192.168.11.xxx)? My router is not detecting it in its LAN client list.

Please help with direction to follow to get this machine to print from the computer (network mode). Add printer Network printer is not detecting it either.

I am running MS Vista home premium.

Thanks,

Jorge

FCBM
12-09-2009, 06:36 PM
From the copier press utility, then admin, enter code (probably 00000000 or 12345678), choose admin 2, network settings, basic settings, change your settings and turn the machine off then on again. You will probably need to go to your computer and set up a new PORT to print. The PI-3502 drivers are listed on the Vista print drivers.

jorge1011
12-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks. Do you know if there is a way to reset the Adminstrator Code in the Utilities section? I bought the machine 2nd hand and I don't have the password.

Thanks,

Jorge

digicor
12-09-2009, 09:52 PM
I think you have to remove the controller, take off the back and hit a reset switch (mini button) and it will reset it to 00000000, or 12345678
Im not sure, but i belive this is the only way to reset the admin
have you tried the web access route and see if you can access it there?

jorge1011
12-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks Digicor. I removed the Pi3502 controller, opened it and did not find a reset button. Which controller are you referring to?

Thanks,

Jorge

HelpdeskGuy
12-10-2009, 01:08 AM
If you have laptop plug into m/c via crossover cable and set to appropriate ip address log into webpage default pw is sysadm
and change ip from admin console.

digicor
12-10-2009, 12:20 PM
i have had to do this on the IP511 not the one your working on, i just thought they might me the same reset.

copyman
12-11-2009, 03:05 AM
The Network configuration is done through the copier panal under the admin mode. password default should be eight 0's. Admin password can be changed in the tech rep mode if 0's dont work.

you can get into the tech rep mode to change password by doing this:

press utility, meter count, stop, 0,0,stop, 0, 1. then go to admin tab and change password. back out then go to admin under utility mode and enter new password that you just changed. you will see network setup there. after entering new network info back out of mode then turn main power off then back on. wait for config page to automatically print (about 5 mins) to make sure new IP address took.

hope this helps

jorge1011
12-11-2009, 05:58 AM
Thank you Copyman.

I was able to change the code, and get in to the networking screen and change the IP address.
However, I was not able to access the printer from the computer browser.
I have posted here the config. page printout: http://www.asterixdesign.com/minolta.jpg (notice the DNS still at 10.0.0.1. I didn't find a place to change this)

Also, navigating around the tech. menus, I came across TROUBLE menu:
All items had 0 (assuming no trouble), except for:
C18XX Printer Controller Error 571

Any ideas of what this means, or what is wrong with the configuration?
I did notice that where the CAT5 cable goes into the card, only a green light on the right is on (with or without the cable plugged in), and there is 0 flickering of either light. The green light closest to the CAT 5 cable is constantly off.

Thanks for any help,

Jorge :confused:

FCBM
12-11-2009, 01:30 PM
You might wan't to try changing the memory/scan card or rewriting it first. Aside from that sounds like a bad controller (NIC, controller board etc.) or interface card in back of machine. I have seen at least a dozen bad controllers. You are going to have a hard time finding someone to repair these.

copyman
12-11-2009, 01:35 PM
the config page printing means the print controller is working. the green light on the nic card is normal. the trouble codes you see are normal for that controller. disregard the DNS 10.0..... your IP settings are to the right.
you should be able to type 192.168.11.115 into internet browser and see a diagram of copier (pagescope).

also did you install printer driver. you have to create tcp/ip port. use LPR port and que name "port1"

also try pinging that IP address from computer to see if you get steady replies. like the other poster said the NIC's go bad in that controller quite often.

jorge1011
12-11-2009, 03:42 PM
No luck.
Not able to ping. 100% loss, unreachable IP.
Driver doesn't install either because PC can't find the printer at the IP while installing the port.

I guess the network card or controller Pi3502 might be faulty? I reset the memory and scan/ps upgrade card.

Any ideas on where I can purchase a new one? Or does anyone have additional tips/suggestions?

Thanks to everyone for the help so far,

Jorge

FCBM
12-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Jorge the copier does not need to be connected to load the drivers. Go to add a printer, unclick auto detect at local printer, go to create a new port, choose TCP/IP, enter your IP address, go to custom settings, click LPR and type in PORT1 (in caps) under quene name, you may also want to click byte count enable, Then you will be prompted to load the drivers. If you have vista the drivers are listed under PI-3502 if not the PI-3500 will work in a pinch or download them from Konica-Minolta's website. If you still have a problem it may be time to call a tech more familiar with networking these machines.

copyman
12-11-2009, 08:39 PM
99.9% of the time if the config page prints then the controller is good. As for pinging it, if it is saying unreachable then connection or something is not right. I have never seen a controller that was bad, only the Network card. And even then it would ping and drop off or steady time outs. the scan card has nothing to do with pinging the NIC. Try pinging with a crossover cable directly from a laptop or a pc.

jorge1011
12-15-2009, 01:55 AM
FCBM, How do you re-write the memory card?

COPYMAN, are there any firewall issues I should consider? Any ports I should keep open? I just had the AT&T Uverse router installed (today), and apparently all IPs are firewalled. The interesting thing is that the IP assigned to the printer did show up in the UVerse router, however, I still cannot reach it via browser.

Thanks for any additional info.

Jorge:rolleyes:

copyman
12-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Like I said in my prior reply, you can put all issues to rest by pinging the controller with a "crossover" cable from a laptop or PC. This will tell you once and for all if your problem is the controller or settings.

Stirton.M
12-15-2009, 02:59 AM
Hello,
I have a Minolta Di200 with Pi3502 driver.
This printer's IP is stuck at 10.0.1.3(protocol address), and 10.0.1.1 default gateway. Can this be changed? I need to change this information to the IP used in my network (192.168.11.xxx)? My router is not detecting it in its LAN client list.

Please help with direction to follow to get this machine to print from the computer (network mode). Add printer Network printer is not detecting it either.

I am running MS Vista home premium.

Thanks,

Jorge

Download this user manual from Konica Minolta on this particular controller. It will give you specifics on what I will tell you to do. (click the little blue icon with the red arrow to download.)

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/view.php?sess=0&action=file_details&id=6036&parent=4708&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

Also, download the Pagescope users manual here...

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/view.php?sess=0&action=file_details&id=6039&parent=4708&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

This controller is a serious pain in the butt to deal with. It is one of the earliest ones I've had to deal with. When setting up the network controller, it requires a little bit of patience and a some network proficiency.

First off, when you power on the copier, wait a few minutes. You should get a printout automatically of the configuration of the controller. If you do not, check your connections and make sure these are all well connected. This step is important. If you do not get a response automatically, you may need to reset the NIC inside the controller. See the attached images for details on how to reset the NIC. This is also included in the manual.

Assuming you get a printout from the machine that indicates your configuration, we can move on to the rest.

Then, connect to this device via a crossover cable to your laptop or pc. Do not use a router or straight through cable (the latter you can use if you have a nic card that auto-negotiates in your laptop...dells have this capability). Ensure you have your laptop configured with a fixed IP address in its network settings. Preferably you want to use an address range that matches your main network that the printer will eventually connect to.

For example, if you type ipconfig from a dos prompt (in a computer connected to your network), you might get something similar to....

192.168.1.110 (IP address)
255.255.255.0 (Subnet mask)
192.168.1.1 (gateway)

You will want to program your laptop network settings to something similar, if not the same. This is temporary. Be sure that you change the laptop back to DHCP before you reconnect to your network, otherwise you will likely cause a network conflict.

You are specifically interested in the command ARP.

ARP is a throwback to DOS days. The command allows you to bind a specific address in the current computer to the mac address of a particular network card.

Open up a command line...click start menu, select "run" and type "cmd" (without quotes) in the provided space and press enter. A DOS command window will open.

From there, you can use the ARP command. Syntax is

arp -s <IP address assigned to Network Card> <MAC address>

It will look something like

arp -s 192.168.1.99 00-20-6b-aa-bb-cc

the -s is a command that tells the host to assign an IP address to a physical address (MAC address).

The second group, 192.168.1.99 is an arbitrary IP address. Use an address that you know is within your router's assigned list but will not take up the space of a DHCP location. For example, my router assigns addresses from 192.168.1.100 upwards, I would personally choose an address below that range, such as 192.168.1.99. This address is one which you will eventually use when you set up the print driver.

the last bit, 00-20-6b-aa-bb-cc, is the MAC address of the network device within the controller. This number is ALWAYS unique. You should never find a duplicate of it, theoretically. That said, this number can be found on your NIC device, a label will usually display this number. You can also find it listed in the config sheet. The number will always be 6 groups of two digits in Hexadecimal notation. Numbers 0-9 and letters A-F to represent values from 1 through to 16. For example, A represents 10, B represents 11 and so forth.

Regardless, this number is unique.

When you use this command correctly, you can assign "temporarily" an address within the registers of your laptop, to attach directly to that MAC address.

So the command

arp -s 192.168.1.99 00-20-6b-aa-bb-cc

Will assign 192.168.1.99 to the device 00-20-6b-aa-bb-cc

You should be able to ping 192.168.1.99 at this point and get a response from the controller.

If you are successful, you should then be able to web into the controller via windows explorer and Pagescope, access the network settings and permanently set an IP address there.

See attached images on how to reset the NIC controller on the 3502

:edited information

By the way, this controller is not supported in windows Vista.

You will need to use the winxp driver. There is no guarantee this will fully work, but it is the only option. Also, if you are running Vista64, you WILL have problems, namely, unable to install a 32bit driver.

Custom Search