PDA

View Full Version : pls help b501 locked administrator code

Custom Search

copiers4africa
12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
hello everyone hope u can help have a b501 which will n ot allow me change the administarator code that someone has changed from 12345678.

i have tried in service mode stop 0 clear but the fuction which allows one to change the administartor code freezes after one enters the new admin number. does not confirm...

any ideas:):):)

ebm
12-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Have you tried the "Administrator Unlocking" function before trying to change password?

Stirton.M
12-10-2009, 01:39 AM
One issue I found on a TSB related to this machine was that if the firmware had been downgraded on the machine, the password entry was damaged, and this could not be corrected even if you upgraded back. Firmware levels according to the tsb were from vers 20 to version 13.

Solution ID TAUS0902405EN* Solution Usage 1
Description
How to recover the machine after mistakenly downgrading firmware from version 20 to version 13.
Solution
Although it has been announced, and should be well-known, that a firmware downgrade from version 20 to version 13 cannot be done on the subjected machine, sometimes it is attempted anyhow.

In such a case, it is not possible to enter the Admin password - machines indicates the message "Wrong password" on the LCD. Moreover, it is not possible to enter the Service mode in order to reset the password. The machine is not functional.

In this condition it is not possible to recover the machine by rewriting firmware (neither 13 nor 20) via USB. Exchange of the NVRAM is without success, as well.

Repair procedure :
1. Remove the CF Card from the problem machine.
2. Erase the files from the CF Card (DO NOT format the card).
3. Write version 13 firmware to the CF card, copied from the card of a working machine.
4. Install the CF card back to the problem machine and switch machine ON.It will be possible to enter Admin mode and Service mode now.
5. Install firmware version 20 to machine via USB.
After this procedure, the machine should work. Please make sure to correct the machine serial number because it is now from the machine where the CF card data was copied from.

Unfortunately the mistaken firmware downgrade generates a second problem: The machine is not able to store the TCP/IP address. After switching OFF/ON the TCP/IP addressis 0.0.0.0., although the Subnet mask and Gateway are correctly stored.

To restore network settings :
1. In Admin mode => Network setting - set Network setting to OFF.
2. Switch machine OFF/ON.
3. In Service mode => System 1 => Initialization -initializeNetwork setting data.
4. Switch machine OFF/ON.
5. In Admin mode => Network setting - set Network setting to ON.
6. Switch machine OFF/ON.
7.Perform network settings.
SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by KM Europe (BEU/Czech Republic)

copiers4africa
12-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Thank you i wil try this....:):):)

jeroen2005
12-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Thank you i wil try this....:):):)

Try this.

How to reset the administrator password. SOLUTION ID: 244819
SOLUTION: To reset the administrator password, perform the following:
1. Press the [Utility/Counter] key.
2. Press [Stop 0, 0 Stop 0, 1].
3. Press [Stop 0, C].
4. Press [Administrator password].
5. Enter new password

Stirton.M
12-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Try this.

How to reset the administrator password. SOLUTION ID: 244819
SOLUTION: To reset the administrator password, perform the following:
1. Press the [Utility/Counter] key.
2. Press [Stop 0, 0 Stop 0, 1].
3. Press [Stop 0, C].
4. Press [Administrator password].
5. Enter new password

He had already tried that routine and the machine was locking up on him. This one is an odd one. I doubt that the solution I provided is the one he needs as well, but it is the only one related to admin password issues on this machine. Could be corrupted NVRAM.

Custom Search