PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Tech needed outside Chicago

Custom Search

Tina
12-11-2009, 05:05 AM
Need a service tech who will fix this....................
konica minolta c350 bizhub and the hard drive sounds like an old car starting up. The hard drive needs to be replaced but where do we find a tech and where do we find the parts. The salesman from konica justs wants to sell us another copier but that is not an option for me. Can anyone help me out? My office is about forty five minutes from downtown chicago. Oswego , Illinois.
Thanks !

Fiery Print controller and hard drive attached to the back (white box attached, about 2 inches thick)
The hard disk in the back of the copier replace hard drive 10-20Gb drive hard to get these days, at least one that is new, possibly replace with much larger drives. 120Gb drive in a machine.
If it is the Fiery(and it sounds like it is) then you will need a tech to replace it and reload the fiery system software, then reset the fiery's settings

hard disk has death rattles it is making, and then the above issue.

need tech as soon as possible

mo0651
12-11-2009, 02:45 PM
45 minutes in what direction? Go on konicaminolta.us and search for other authorized vendors.:cool:

Tina
12-11-2009, 02:59 PM
The office is in Oswego, Illinois.
I left 2 messages at 2 different places and one could not format the fiery box and networking and the other never called back.
I will try more today, if you have any contacts please forwars them. I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Stirton.M
12-11-2009, 11:26 PM
The office is in Oswego, Illinois.
I left 2 messages at 2 different places and one could not format the fiery box and networking and the other never called back.
I will try more today, if you have any contacts please forwars them. I would greatly appreciate it. :)

That's pretty sad that you cannot get any service in your area. Sheesh...only 45 minutes away? That's across town in these parts. I travel as much as 2.5 hours outside of town to service machines from time to time. We have guys who regularly go out daily on out of town calls here, putting as much as 400-600KM per day. Too bad you do not live near Calgary, I'd have no issues getting you up and running. We charge $300 for a new drive and system install. Plus travel time if you are not on a service contract.

When you call, are you getting the service call dispatch? Are these places dealers or branches? Dealers, I can understand getting shitty service...branches on the other hand....

mascan42
12-12-2009, 03:32 PM
When you call, are you getting the service call dispatch? Are these places dealers or branches? Dealers, I can understand getting shitty service...branches on the other hand....
This. There's an official KMBS branch located in Downers Grove. Try calling there.

KONICA MINOLTA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS U.S.A., INC.
2001 Butterfield Road, Suite 900
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Phone: 630-271-6900

Tina
12-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Hi , thank you so much for the contact information. That was actually the first number I tried and they refused to send out a technician without meeting with the saleperson who pushed to sell a new unit. At this time, it was not a viable option. Thanks again though for posting a response !

Tina
12-12-2009, 10:55 PM
That's pretty sad that you cannot get any service in your area. Sheesh...only 45 minutes away? That's across town in these parts. I travel as much as 2.5 hours outside of town to service machines from time to time. We have guys who regularly go out daily on out of town calls here, putting as much as 400-600KM per day. Too bad you do not live near Calgary, I'd have no issues getting you up and running. We charge $300 for a new drive and system install. Plus travel time if you are not on a service contract.

Yes it was the central office , who then tranferred us to their 800 service dispatch , required credit card info , then said that there would be a tech responding in 2 hours or less to set up an appt. After 2 days of waiting, I called again and I was told that I had to go through a saleperson first. Who simply wanted to sell a new unit.
Very frustrating !
Wish our office was in Calgary also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again for your pricing , it gives us a good range at what we should expect. ( that is if we can find a tech)
We teach and our new class will be starting after the first of the year , we have to print 30K copies..... I am emailing and calling as many places as possible , time is becoming an issue. ugh !!!!!!!!!!!!1

mascan42
12-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Yes it was the central office , who then tranferred us to their 800 service dispatch , required credit card info , then said that there would be a tech responding in 2 hours or less to set up an appt. After 2 days of waiting, I called again and I was told that I had to go through a saleperson first. Who simply wanted to sell a new unit.
Very frustrating !
That really is total bullshit, and COMPLETELY against company policy. While they might like to sell you a new unit, there is NO WAY IN HELL that they're supposed to make it a requirement to talk to a salesperson first. If anything, I would think they'd try to get this machine fixed, and charge you for it, and THEN ask about a potential sale. I'd call back again, and make sure they understand that you're not in the market for a new machine, just to get this one fixed.

fixthecopier
12-13-2009, 12:31 AM
That really is total bullshit, and COMPLETELY against company policy. While they might like to sell you a new unit, there is NO WAY IN HELL that they're supposed to make it a requirement to talk to a salesperson first. If anything, I would think they'd try to get this machine fixed, and charge you for it, and THEN ask about a potential sale. I'd call back again, and make sure they understand that you're not in the market for a new machine, just to get this one fixed.

I agree, I can't believe you can not get better service than that. My shop would send out a tech on a call 3 to 4 hours away for a paying customer. Keep trying, somebody wants your money. You should go back to the web site and contact Konica with an email. Ask them which brand they would recommend, Cannon or Ricoh, since you can't get a Konica fixed in your area.

Stirton.M
12-13-2009, 07:47 AM
I agree, I can't believe you can not get better service than that. My shop would send out a tech on a call 3 to 4 hours away for a paying customer. Keep trying, somebody wants your money. You should go back to the web site and contact Konica with an email. Ask them which brand they would recommend, Cannon or Ricoh, since you can't get a Konica fixed in your area.

Ditto.

Ask to talk with the service manager. Seems like you are getting the runaround.

The C350 is an old unit to be sure, but it is still a supported unit and we have many parts in our inventories for these machines, including hard drives and system software for the fiery controller.

Tina
12-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Ditto.

Ask to talk with the service manager. Seems like you are getting the runaround.

The C350 is an old unit to be sure, but it is still a supported unit and we have many parts in our inventories for these machines, including hard drives and system software for the fiery controller.

Would I be able to order the parts direct from you if I have any issues purchasing them here. I have a very short window of time left to get this fixed. I am definately an honest paying customer.
:)

tech07
12-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I'd call and ask to speak to the owner.....Then do business somewhere else

Stirton.M
12-15-2009, 01:15 AM
Ok...unfortunately, there is very little I can do for you from my branch.

Having talked with my service manager this morning on some of the lighter details of your situation, I am told there is little he is able to do for you. Its one of a matter that the US branch, whoever it may be, can tell us to get stuffed and mind our own business. Sounds a bit harsh, but we have little pull as it were from here.

That said, he did recommend that you contact Konica Minolta via the web for service advice from your side of the border. He thinks that you are really dealing with a dealer, which may be simply just a business machine company that services several manufacturers. You need to get in touch with a branch. Though I explained to him that your situation, you were willing to pay for the work done, he had said there might be other matters not dealt with that we are not privy to regarding that specific machine, such as overdue bills or whatever. This is none of our business, nor could we determine if this were the situation. As I said, this simply might be an issue of your initial contacts are with a dealer. If it were a branch, this situation would be handled entirely differently.

Again, as was mentioned elsewhere, contact Konica Minolta via the web site KONICA MINOLTA Global (http://www.konicaminolta.com) and ask for the nearest branch support near you. I am sincerely sorry I could not assist you further on this.

redhawkpath
12-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Hi Tina:

If you have not found a tech, I am a certified Konica C350 Tech. Call me . It is an easy fix and I can Help

Daniel Burke

If a message, I will get back to you

Stirton.M
12-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi Tina:

If you have not found a tech, I am a certified Konica C350 Tech. Call me . It is an easy fix and I can Help

Daniel Burke

Last conversation I had with her via email, she apparently was able to obtain a new controller with a new hard drive in it. However, the technician who provided this and did the hardware swap was, according to her, incompetent and was unable to get the machine running. And he was also hard to get a hold of. It is disappointing to see this from this side of the border, as it hurts the KM brand name.

Generally, what she needs is to get that fiery configured correctly, though it is possible this has finally been done as this was about a couple weeks back when I last spoke with her on the subject via email.

Tina
12-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi Tina:

Daniel Burke

Thank you for your response, I was gone for holidays!
Yes, we found someone to configure the fiery................ May I keep your name on file for future work. Basically the computer was not "talking" to the printer. I appreciate all the help and all the advice I have received from this site. Thank you everyone who helped me out!

Custom Search