PDA

View Full Version : NIC part # for Pi3502

Custom Search

emujo
12-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Anyone have an old parts book for the Di251f/Pi3502 laying around? Need a part # for the network card. Thanks in advance. Emujo

EarthKmTech
12-15-2009, 07:16 PM
They are no longer available new, and are all failing at this age, if not now, very soon. Still want a part number? I can obtain it if required.

emujo
12-15-2009, 08:33 PM
If you can find one great..but don't go to any trouble. I am having our parts guys look into it. If they can't find one I can break the news to the customer and hopefully it will result in an upgrade. EMujo

buster68
12-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't think you'll find a part number for the NIC. That was a purchasable sales option on that model. The product number for it would have been 4625-161.

Tom
12-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Minolta Di251. Great machines, I have about 50 in the field & they're still doing great. Matter of fact, I still sell them if I can get good used ones from my wholesalers. Cheap to maintain & easy to service. I never sold them with print systems though, they were problematic. I usually pulled them out & threw away when they came with print, but I think I still have a box of print systems with drivers & manuals laying around somewhere if you have a need.

TheOwl
12-18-2009, 01:48 AM
If you have the PI3502 installed without the NIC, then you could always use something like an HP JetDirect and go to the parallel port on the controller.

Only problem with this is that you can't use the scanning option if it is installed.

Jim Fitze
11-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Minolta Di251. Great machines, I have about 50 in the field & they're still doing great. Matter of fact, I still sell them if I can get good used ones from my wholesalers. Cheap to maintain & easy to service. I never sold them with print systems though, they were problematic. I usually pulled them out & threw away when they came with print, but I think I still have a box of print systems with drivers & manuals laying around somewhere if you have a need.

Hi Tom

Any chance of buying one of those nics from you?

Thanks
Jim

Hansoon
11-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Those NIC's are failing more and more these days. Had to replace one machine last week and just yesterday another one. The replacement NIC I had with me failed too. So we will give that rental customer a BH-350 these days.

Hans

Tom
11-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Sorry, I just sent the last 2 I had to someone else on here (for free). If I had known so many people wanted them, I never would have thrown so many away. I should have listed them on ebay.

Hansoon
11-16-2010, 06:07 PM
If I had known so many people wanted themI came to the conclusion that its no longer worth to mess with NIC's in those (otherwise really good) machines. One is always unsure if there are connectivity issues. The problem is, if they fail they fail most of the time only partially without pattern. Very hard to diagnose the situation. The case I had yesterday started with failing FTP-Scanning. Scan-e-mail worked and printing was flawless. I replaced the whole controller which had been tested before extensively in my workshop. At the customers site the new controller showed exactly the same problem as the first one so I believed with good reason that there was something in the customers network. Suddenly also the printfunction of the replacement controller started to fail. After chancing the IP-Address everything worked for a certain time perfect and than suddenly printing striked but scanning was OK. I decided to replace this rental machine because I don't want the customer suffer this much. Even when I would find a good working controller/NIC for the moment how long it will last until we will be confronted by a similar situation again?

This is all very costly for us, travel, time, parts and now even another machine.

Hans

Jim Fitze
11-16-2010, 09:20 PM
OK, thanks Tom.

Well, I can connect a print server to the copier, but then lose the scan function.
If I use a computer-as-print server, can I find a twain driver for the scanner?

Any other ideas on saving a nice machine with life left in it... door stop, paper weight? :)

Thanks.
Jim

Tom
11-17-2010, 09:58 PM
I agree, if customer needs print with their machine, I upgrade to a km2550 or sometime just give them a used HP 4000/4100 printer. Still make decent money selling the toners.

Jim Fitze
12-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Any idea if I can use a print controller/nic from a Di152 in our Di152f?
Any other ideas?

Thanks.

907tec
12-07-2010, 01:36 AM
NC-3 (p/n 4968630) and Pi-1802e (p/n 4968624) will both work in the di152 and di152f.

Jim Fitze
12-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks 907tec for the reply.

Unfortunetly, upon opening the two machines, it looks like there is no way to swap either the nic, or the print controller cards.
The signal and power connections are just too incompatable.
If the scan function on the di152 was enabled, we could just swap the whole macine, and put the di152f on the shelf.

Any other ideas? Yeah, I'm grasping at straws now. :)

Custom Search