PDA

View Full Version : KM 3232 Call service error C8050

Custom Search

Maralee
12-11-2009, 02:48 PM
I keep getting this error on 2 of our Copy/printers any ideas?
Thanks

blackcat4866
12-12-2009, 03:04 AM
If you have a DF-710 finisher (the 3000 sheet finisher) I think I know what happened.

You probably had a paper jam when outputting the paper to tray A, face down. The copier screen tells you to open the front cover, and draw out the internal tray to remove the paper jam. What they don't tell you to do is check the 13mm round hole in the front of the internal finisher tray.

If the hole is green it's OK to draw out the tray. If the hole is red, a handle on the front of the internal tray must be rotated until it isn't red any more, then drawn out.

What happens is: There is a belt that has an "L" shaped metal braket riveted to it. This belt ejects the paper in stapled sets, or when small stacks of paper have collected in the internal tray. If the "L" shaped bracket is exactly at the bottom of its rotation it will hit the frame when the tray is drawn out, thus the red indication. If the tray is forced out at this point the bracket will be separated from the belt, and you'll get the error.

This isn't an easy part to change, so please employ a technician to do this for you. =^..^=

Custom Search