PDA

View Full Version : Di5510 intermitent skew

Custom Search

Darren King
12-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I service a Di5510 with an FN122. When duplexing I am getting an intermitent skew with slight paper wrinkling. The skewing apears to be occuring on the second side somewhere before the drum. I disassembled the ADU but couldn't find anything. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this. Any help is appreciated.
Darren

Stirton.M
12-11-2009, 11:49 PM
I service a Di5510 with an FN122. When duplexing I am getting an intermitent skew with slight paper wrinkling. The skewing apears to be occuring on the second side somewhere before the drum. I disassembled the ADU but couldn't find anything. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this. Any help is appreciated.
Darren

Though I haven't worked on these, what little I have noted is that the ADU is a little bit similar to the one on a 6500. On that one, I have seen skew introduced from excessive toner buildup on the guide gate just after the fuser. Not likely in your case, but that is one area if you hadn't looked that might be at fault, or look for a burr on the surface fins of that guide.

In the general manual, there is mention of a forced skew correction mechanism for the ADU...page 2N13...and an almost useless reference to skew adjust in the field service on page 111.

Also, have you tried adjusting loop? I noted the manual doesn't really cover much there. The C6500 series, I can at least adjust this on both the sync and ADU second side.

And something relatively minor....were they doing labels previous to this problem? And of course, something I have seen a couple times, damaged plastic idler rollers in the path....

OBXtech
12-12-2009, 06:17 AM
Stirton mentioned toner build-up AFTER the fuser, but also check the fuser entrance guide. Toner will build up on there and cause the page to catch on one side or the other. However, you would probably notice creases in single-sided copies as well if this is the problem.

Custom Search