PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c6500 parts diagram

Custom Search

TD_printing
12-11-2009, 10:29 PM
is there anywhere I could find a machine & parts diagram for the bizhub pro c6500 machine? I'm having issues with my printer and my service manuals arnt coming in untill monday. It's killing me. I cant run jobs. Just thought id ask. at the moment my machines swapping between service codes c-2451 and c2701. 2451 is telling me its either the TDS sensor or the entire yellow developer unit. I'm trying to figure out where this tds sensor located.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Herrmann
12-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Hmmm.. at first, i would have a nearer look at the 2701, which means a defect y corona. Interchange the charging unit with ...maybe cyan and see, if the error changes

TD_printing
12-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Hmmm.. at first, i would have a nearer look at the 2701, which means a defect y corona. Interchange the charging unit with ...maybe cyan and see, if the error changes

Thanks for the info herrmann,
seems like I'm no longer getting the 2701 code. I swapped coronas with my other 6500 machine. so now I'm wondering if I should just order a new yellow dv unit.

Herrmann
12-11-2009, 11:14 PM
does the 2451 still appear? i would wait a little time and do a toner refresh, maybe, if the corona fails, while the mashine is doing its self tests, the test patterns on the transfer belt are not correct, result in the control running wild.

Stirton.M
12-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the info herrmann,
seems like I'm no longer getting the 2701 code. I swapped coronas with my other 6500 machine. so now I'm wondering if I should just order a new yellow dv unit.

2451 code

Printer control board (PRCB)
Developing motor/Y (M20)
TCR sensor/Y (TCRS/Y)

The PRCB is on the right top side when looking at the rear of the machine.
M20 is in the rear, it drives the dev unit assembly. And the TCR sensor itself is a small plastic sensor assembly on the bottom side of the dev unit. Check the connector on the front side of the dev unit. Simply pull it and reseat the plug for a quick test.

I would prove to yourself what component is failing by simply moving the yellow dev unit to the magenta and the magenta to the yellow. Tape over the toner fill holes so you do not mix yellow and magenta devs with the other colour from the hoppers. This is only temporary, but still important.

Then run the machine again. If you still get the 2451 code, then check the harness from the yellow unit plug to the rear of the process carriage, as well as connector 360 on the PRCB itself. This is a large connector, two sided if I recall, 20 pin block. 3B, 4B, 5B and 6B are related to TCR/Y.

If the code shifts from 2451 to 2452 (magenta failure), then the TCR sensor itself is at fault.

The motor assembly, again, swap it with the magenta. The connector for that is connector 340, pin 8A to 14A.

I doubt it is the motor assembly and the PRCB...most likely a poor connector for the TCR itself. If it is the TCR, this sensor is the same that can be found on almost any dev unit in the current KM series machines, not just the 6500. If you have an old "used" dev from the 6500 series, you can just swap them around. Be careful removing this (starter will spill from the dev housing), and observe anti-static protocols when doing so, as this sensor is very static sensitive.

dljorg
12-24-2009, 12:47 PM
First of all DO NOT spend a ton of money on circuit boards for this problem. Have never seen that fix this.

You don't mention three improtant diagnostic points:
1. How may clicks are on the developer? End of life developer tends to cause TCR sensor errors although nothing is wrong with the sensor. The old developer can make the sensor read out of range and thus the code.

2. Is this customer running the machine with very little color use? eg a long run of mostly black text with just a bit of color on the page? If so the developer in the unused color units gets "stale" (actually develops a tin oxide residue) and causes the TCR sensor to read out of range and again the code. My friend above who recommends a toner refresh using the machine admin expert settings is right on target for that. That process will flush the toner in the devleoper into the waste bottle and replace it with new. If this is a continuing problem there is an interval setting that will prevent future occurrances.

3. How old is the dev unit? Brand new ones (under say 10K copies) can have shipping damage that dislodges the magnets in the developer roller. In that case the flow of developer over the TCR sensor is not smooth and you get the code again for an out of range reading.

If the dev unit is old (nearing or over 600K) the seals on the developer roller can be defeated and the roller fills up with developer. Magnets don't make the developer flow smoothly and again the TCR sensor gets a bum reading.

So what do you do?
1. Flush the dev unit in machine admin mode and see if the code goes away.
2. See if the code moves by moving the dev unit to another position as suggested by our Canadian friend - a good diagnostic but remember the tape or you will be replacing some expensive contaminated developer!
3. Dump the dev unit and replace the developer - but that depends on the state of the dev unit, do you have a reason to replace or not?
4. Dev unit is pretty cheap so my preferred choice is to remove it and hold it over the nearest trash bin. Drop it and give us a report back on how high it bounces. High probability a new unit and developer change will fix the C-2451.

Best Regards from the snow in Connecticut!

Arcadian
08-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Might be a bit to late, but swapping out the Transfer image Unit might help. Some roller start binding after a while slow down the belt, ive notice that on a few machine ive repaired in the past.
so take a good look at the check the bearings. if the belt is drifting most likely that the cause of the error.

Good luck

JustManuals
08-19-2013, 05:18 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search