PDA

View Full Version : C352 Fax issue

Custom Search

stratus11
12-12-2009, 04:15 PM
I no longer can fax. I am stuck with the fax attempting to go out thru an email address. I cannot seem to find a way to turn this feature off in the menu. I have a good dial tone and have a temp setup but want my machine to work. Copy, Scan works good. I am hoping to fix the fax without messing up the scan to email function. Any ideas?

Stirton.M
12-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Appears on the outside that your machine settings have become corrupted.

backup your user data via pagescope web interface, administrator mode. You can export your one touches (scan to email and fax location presets) and if you use it, copytrack data. I usually also print out the network page along with the email setup page.

Once you have those basics backed up, enter into tech rep mode

1. Press the Utility/Counter key.
2. Touch [Details] on meter count display.
3. Press the following keys in this order.
Stop → 0 → 0 → Stop → 0 → 1

I usually recommend to try the following.

In tech rep, select the "Fax" button. Then select "Initialization", touch the "fax function parameter" and "journal data" and press the "yes" key.

Back out and try to fax something. If all is ok, you will need to reprogram your phone number and company identifier in Admin mode under the fax settings there. If this doesn't correct the problem, go onto the rest of what I wrote here.

Enter tech rep.

Once in there, touch System 1 key.

Then tap Initialization key

Then tap Data Clear key

Give the machine a few moments. Eventually you will see instructions to power off the machine via the main power switch (located behind the front door, left hand side).

Cycle on the power. And then enter tech rep again. It will take a bit for you to access the utility screen when the machine is powered on. Once you have entered back into tech rep mode, do the following in the order I show.

Touch "system 2"
touch "option board status"
enable Fax by pressing the "set" key beside "main"
Then touch "system 2" on the left again
touch "HDD" and select enable.

Both Fax and the internal hard drive are turned off when a data reset command is done. Once re-enabled, again cycle the power via main power switch.

Then when it is powered on, enter tech rep again. Again, like before, it takes a moment for the machine to initialize and allow you to enter the utility menu.

Touch "system 1" and select "marketing area", program in the appropriate region, and at the bottom of the screen will be "fax target", use the + - keys to scroll to the appropriate country code. Failure to do this will cause you dialing issues because of differences between countries regarding phone settings.

Then you can enter Admin mode from the control panel. Also, it takes a bit for the "Network" option to become available in admin mode after a power cycle. Once you are in network mode, you can change the IP Address settings from DHCP, and set the fixed IP address of the copier. From there, you will be prompted by the machine to reboot the machine from main power. Do not do this until prompted by the machine.

Finally, you can then use pagescope web interface again to import your one touch lists and copytrack (if you use it). Also, in the network tab, set your email transmit (email tx) settings to allow the machine to access your email server. Also set your SMB entries to reflect your workgroup settings if you use SMB scanning.

Back at the machine itself, try to fax something.

If all is good, you can finalize any programming you need for user settings, fax forward and the rest. Let us know how things went.

stratus11
12-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Great instructions. I performed all but it did not ask me to reboot after I got to- Data Clear Key part of instructions.

I'm guessing if all my old jobs are still in the history that it hasn't reset??

How easy is it to put my address/source back in? Is that my Fax Phone number? All other stuff very easy to understand. Thank you.

Matt

Stirton.M
12-15-2009, 03:41 AM
The data clear, it should have prompted you to turn off the power.

It can take a bit of time for that to happen. Did you wait a couple minutes? The jobs, if any are listed, will be deleted. Generally, you should not be able to enter tech rep to do this if there are jobs in your print and scan queues. Once the initialize command is completed, all data with the exception of counter data and some tech rep setup data will be deleted, including anything on the hard drive.

As for the address data (one touches I am assuming), you can import those back into the machine through administrator, in the same area where you exported. Just use import and use the built in browse to fine the files you saved. Data administrator, a pagescope program found on the pagescope disk, can also assist in this if you find you want to import the same information into multiple machines on your network.

The fax phone number and company name, otherwise known as TSI, which is your local info, is set through the control panel. Enter Admin, select Fax settings, and from there the system menu.

stratus11
12-17-2009, 06:46 AM
I waited yesterday for 2.5 hours and the machine never requested to be power cycled. it let me into the tech rep mode no problem. Any other ideas? This one is seriously puzzling me and I would love my Fax line working again. Thank you a ton.

Matt

12-17-2009, 01:20 PM
I no longer can fax. I am stuck with the fax attempting to go out thru an email address. I cannot seem to find a way to turn this feature off in the menu. I have a good dial tone and have a temp setup but want my machine to work. Copy, Scan works good. I am hoping to fix the fax without messing up the scan to email function. Any ideas?
Sounds to me like a communication setting problem, on the Konica Minolta 350 the fax can be set to fax via email. I'm wondering if that's the situation with you. Are you faxing from a programmed destination or faxing directly ie just inputting the fax number on the spot? Also do you have or attempted to set up Internet Faxing (because this is essentially faxing to email)?

Stirton.M
12-17-2009, 02:26 PM
This may need a firmware update.

Waiting for the initialization to complete at the longest shouldn't be more than a couple minutes.

I am guessing that you are not a service tech. I advise getting one in to check your machine.

stratus11
12-29-2009, 04:19 AM
Is there an easy way to update the firmware? Or is it something you need to plug into the machine. I have web access to my C352 Bizhub. Thanks.

Stirton.M
12-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Is there an easy way to update the firmware? Or is it something you need to plug into the machine. I have web access to my C352 Bizhub. Thanks.

Unfortunately, firmware is the domain of KM. It also requires proprietary software to copy the firmware to a CF card, also proprietary. Not just any 128MB flash card will work...believe me, we've been trying to find alternatives...lots of choices, most don't work. It is for that reason I recommend you get a service tech.

Any reason why you are not calling KM to deal with this fax issue? The C352 is a long way from being dropped from our service support.

stratus11
12-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Don't want to pay for something silly. Is there an easy way to get support?

pepper38_cnd
12-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Anything the end user can't figure out is not silly some of these things can be quite complicated. What is silly is expecting not to pay for the use of someone else's knowledge and experience. Having said that. It does sound like your default communication setting is set to email, if you create a speed dial using the web interface and address book and it faxes fine then it is definitely the default communication mode.

Stirton.M
12-30-2009, 04:25 AM
Don't want to pay for something silly. Is there an easy way to get support?

Well, the easy way to get support is to simply call your service support...is your machine not on a service agreement? I know some machines are sold that way from KM, but usually that is a rarity and certainly discouraged, in order for us to provide the best service available.

stratus11
01-03-2010, 10:22 PM
I understand. What I thought was silly was (me) not being able to figure it out. Thank you for all the information. I'll try that and then get a tech.

Custom Search