PDA

View Full Version : toner or developer

Custom Search

ktripp
03-07-2007, 09:59 PM
I ordered toner for a toshiba 310c and instead was delivered developer. The containers are identical, and I don't know what's the difference, and where does the developer go, if I even need it? I ordered the set of four from ebay. I am new here and have quite a few questions about our 310c but I guess I'll start here. Thank you

Kristy T.

dqydj
03-07-2007, 10:37 PM
developer is the carrier for the toner.
in other words when your machine adds toner it is mixing toner into the developer and it will add toner until the mixture is correct.
DON'T put developer into the toner hopper, that will mess up the
machine and cause you a service call.

Sgt. Hulka
03-12-2007, 06:17 AM
I ordered toner for a toshiba 310c and instead was delivered developer. The containers are identical, and I don't know what's the difference, and where does the developer go, if I even need it? I ordered the set of four from ebay. I am new here and have quite a few questions about our 310c but I guess I'll start here. Thank you

Kristy T.

With out getting too technical I will tell you that they are not the same, if you add developer to your machine when it calls for toner you will do some damage. Best case is an hour of labor and some fresh developer. Worst case is serious damage involving labor, drums and other parts.

Mark B
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Get a tech to do the work

Wez
11-09-2007, 04:34 AM
one big differenc is 4 Developer containers is about $1000 and 4 toners is about $300

Developer needs changing around 50k copies or if your solid colours are losing their evenness.

Anyway keep the Dev and get it replaced properly. All new Dev will almost always make your prints better.

If you get them replaced I would recommend doing it the hard way and opening the Dev units in the EPU and dumping the old dev, cleaning out the unit and adding the new dev rather than getting the machine to dump the dev and add it the new material itself. Good opportunity to clean the mag roller as well :)

Custom Search