PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2

Custom Search

12-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Okay, I play Modern Warfare 2 and love it. Anyone else?
*Beat campaign on regular and working on veteran level
*Playing mostly multiplayer now :D

joelsa12
01-15-2010, 06:01 PM
This game is the devil. It gets me into a lot of trouble with my wife...... I am addicted to it. If you are playing via PS3 call tag Prolifick send me a friend request would love to play.

01-15-2010, 07:54 PM
This game is the devil. It gets me into a lot of trouble with my wife...... I am addicted to it. If you are playing via PS3 call tag Prolifick send me a friend request would love to play.
LOL, I know what you mean about the wife! Sorry, bro, I have the PS3 also but I have MW2 for the Xbox, but I play mostly the PC version. What's your favorite weapon and perk set up? I love being the sniper and am currently trying to master the Barrett. I've already hit 1st Prestige and can do 2nd but as I said, am trying to master my weapons because once you prestige everything starts back at zero!

Stirton.M
01-19-2010, 07:44 AM
I did play it when it first came out....a few times through. Disappointed at how short the game was. The first one seemed harder, though I do admit I had a bitch of a time with that scenario in the house where you are trying to fight off soldiers coming from every direction while your team extracts some data from a computer if I recall right. Pretty misleading DVD set, one a dual layer DVD and a second single layer DVD. I thought I was getting a huge game when I first looked at it.

But that was before I gave up my old box (Athlon64 3000 with 2G RAM and GF8600GT) as a Christmas present to the parents so my mom could play better games on a more stable platform. I am currently using their old one until taxes come in and I can dive into one of those latest quad processor setups and dump this unstable POS that definitely could not play MW2 if its life depended on it. Prolly crash during the install is my belief.

As for shooters, I am a HUGE fan of Ghost Recon (all 4 from first gen), GRAW and GRAW2 and eagerly waiting for GRAW3. These games are far far more tough...you get hit, you are likely down for the count. Any of your team gets hit, they are out until the end of the scenario unless you restart. In the time I can complete one scenario in there is about the time it took me to complete MW2 as a whole game.

01-19-2010, 01:25 PM
I did play it when it first came out....a few times through. Disappointed at how short the game was. The first one seemed harder, though I do admit I had a bitch of a time with that scenario in the house where you are trying to fight off soldiers coming from every direction while your team extracts some data from a computer if I recall right. Pretty misleading DVD set, one a dual layer DVD and a second single layer DVD. I thought I was getting a huge game when I first looked at it.

But that was before I gave up my old box (Athlon64 3000 with 2G RAM and GF8600GT) as a Christmas present to the parents so my mom could play better games on a more stable platform. I am currently using their old one until taxes come in and I can dive into one of those latest quad processor setups and dump this unstable POS that definitely could not play MW2 if its life depended on it. Prolly crash during the install is my belief.

As for shooters, I am a HUGE fan of Ghost Recon (all 4 from first gen), GRAW and GRAW2 and eagerly waiting for GRAW3. These games are far far more tough...you get hit, you are likely down for the count. Any of your team gets hit, they are out until the end of the scenario unless you restart. In the time I can complete one scenario in there is about the time it took me to complete MW2 as a whole game.
I haven't played those in fact I haven't really played much FPS, MW2 is really my 1st time. You heard about MAG coming out for PS3? It's supposed to be a super massive FPS that can allow I think 256 players to play simultaneously! I just hope there's no lag issues!

lonesome
05-24-2010, 09:04 PM
I think that most people playing it would love it, there's a reason why it's number 1. I too am addicted :)

CanonSco
07-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Nobody play it properly?

As in on the PC:)

Console aiming -
http://www.fmft.net/archives/gangsta1/gangsta%201.JPG

:)

I have gamed on the PC for some time. We currently play MW2 but also have a MW1 server running that will swap to Black Ops in November time.
come visit us. All welcome
EU Mature Gamers - Home (http://maturegamers.webs.com)

Gibraltar's Ghost
07-17-2010, 02:43 AM
This is one cool game, good graphics.

But what I like even more. FarCry 2. That game is awesome.

AvisAustin
09-09-2010, 08:39 AM
I love being the sniper and am currently trying to master the Barrett.

American Education Services (http://americaneducationservices.us/)
American Education Source

Oze
09-09-2010, 09:32 AM
<---------------MW2..ppffttt.....BF:BC2 here :p

CanonSco
09-09-2010, 06:22 PM
We rent a BC2 server. As well as having our own MW1 and L4D2 Servers. I got bored of BC2 very quickly. It is our quietest server, even COD4 is busier after all this time.

Rented servers are a real PIA. It will be going to make way for a dedicated Black Ops Server in November. Cant wait. Our mappers are salivating at the thought:)

If you want to join us, you are more than welcome. Info @ MATURE GAMERS - {MG} (http://www.maturegamers.co.cc)

AlvinBrown
10-07-2010, 10:50 PM
I think that most people playing it would love it, there's a reason why it's number 1. I too am addicted :)

I agree with you. I remember not sleeping for 5 days on end because of MW2!

CanonSco
10-07-2010, 11:30 PM
1 month to go for Black Ops....then I can snap my MW2 disc in half. Then set it on fire.

We have just pre ordered a Black Ops Server. Cant wait.

CanonSco
11-08-2010, 06:56 PM
A small Bump.

Call of Duty Black Ops installing on our server as I speak. Anyone want to play then come see us at Mature Gamers - MG (http://www.maturegamers.me.uk)
I am installing the game on my new pc right now:) , but wont let me play it until midnight as that's the release date, stupid steam.

11-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Black Ops. Awesome game!

CanonSco
11-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Yes , we are loving it.

It has its issues , but at least they are working on them rather than leaving it like MW2.

Search us if you want a game ,

Server - [MG]www.maturegamers.me.uk
Hardcore only:)

Stirton.M
11-17-2010, 07:48 AM
some parts of the single player I liked, but I was not too hot about some scenes where check points were just too far apart to continue forward and having to replay the same fight over and over and over again. A good example is in vietnam, the base being overrun. Some check points were ok, but one where I had to go down a hill into a valley, jumping from one trench position to the next, you can only get so far and the other dumbass soldiers that are there with you fail to move up and support....took me forever to progress past that point of the scenario.

Interesting story. But again, too short. Mostly because I never had to worry about being wounded...get a wound, wait ten seconds and you automatically get healed and can progress. Frankly, I hate that feature.

CanonSco
11-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Gotta admit I have not played Single Player on any of the COD games .....Its all about human interaction for me.

On a plus note , the BO servers are getting more stable each day , and at least they are working on the bugs. Or clan is having a great time playing it atm.

Stirton.M
12-31-2010, 01:36 AM
the highscore of pjdbm in the game http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/arcade/images/mah-jongg-gardenste2.gif mah jongg garden got beaten by ni311 ,with a score of 25542.

piss off spammer

CanonSco
04-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Due to demand , we now have our cracked COD4 server back up and running.

So, COD2,COD4,COD5 + COD7 running :)

Everybody welcome.

CanonSco
12-14-2011, 07:42 AM
Our main game server is now running Red Orchestra 2.
A real PC game made by gamers for gamers.

It is a breath of fresh air compared to MW2, Black Ops , MW3 , BF3 et al.

Real team play battles.

We love it.

We still have a COD4 server also for old types sake:)

CompyTech
06-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Our main game server is now running Red Orchestra 2.
A real PC game made by gamers for gamers.

It is a breath of fresh air compared to MW2, Black Ops , MW3 , BF3 et al.

Real team play battles.

We love it.

We still have a COD4 server also for old types sake:)

I know this thread is a little old but since I saw RO2 in here... Since the new patch was released couple weeks ago. The game is finally fixed. :)
Feels like a brand new game. I've been getting into Killing Floor recently which is made by the same guys.. COD and BF is old news to me however the new MoH:WF looks promising, it uses BF3 engine which to me is more impressive then the game its self. I do play COD4 every once in a while.

CanonSco
07-18-2012, 11:11 AM
I know this thread is a little old but since I saw RO2 in here... Since the new patch was released couple weeks ago. The game is finally fixed. :)
Feels like a brand new game. I've been getting into Killing Floor recently which is made by the same guys.. COD and BF is old news to me however the new MoH:WF looks promising, it uses BF3 engine which to me is more impressive then the game its self. I do play COD4 every once in a while.

Just saw this.:)

Yes the game is finally getting to where we thought it would. We still love it.
Our 24 slot server is running Classic mode with mainly custom maps in rotation. I guess the next decision will be whether to run In-Country or Rising Storm, or indeed to stay with Stalingrad.

We are still having great battles most evening , even after almost a year since release. We have had discussions about what to replace RO2 with, and having tried most releases between us, cant see anything replacing it soon.

You are most welcome to come by and get shot.
Server IP -109.123.124.138
[MG]Mature Gamers Classic + Custom maps
steam - mgbosshogg

Hope to see you on the field.

Custom Search