PDA

View Full Version : C350 wFiery fuzzy print problems

Custom Search

ac3243
12-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I have a customer with a C350 that's printing Magenta and Black very fuzzy and Cyan a little. I've attached a scan. At this point I've tried all I could think of in the service menus and I can't quite make it go away. It only shows up when there is significant toner coverage on a page and I've swapped IU's and belt to no effect.

It's got to be something I'm just not thinking of but....
Help.

stvn31
12-15-2009, 06:31 PM
I have a customer with a C350 that's printing Magenta and Black very fuzzy and Cyan a little. I've attached a scan. At this point I've tried all I could think of in the service menus and I can't quite make it go away. It only shows up when there is significant toner coverage on a page and I've swapped IU's and belt to no effect.

Help.

Did clean the LED unit/PH?

ac3243
12-15-2009, 06:43 PM
I cleaned the LED but can't see how Magenta and Black could be so badly effected but not Yellow and barly Cyan. Test prints look good except the final darkest patches where Black and Magenta look like they lay down to much toner and go fuzzy edged. The problem goes way down if I just reduce the MAX print density but that's no fix.

EarthKmTech
12-15-2009, 07:06 PM
you need to clean the print heads properly, using the included device in the front door wont do it.

Remove the transfer belt and imaging units and wash the print heads, ie with a slightly damp rag (water only). via the side door where you slide in the transfer belt. Problem will be solved.

Very common.

mo0651
12-15-2009, 09:49 PM
You must scrub those print heads. Take out all IUs and transfer belt and waste toner bottle. I think some guys are using rubbing alcohol to help clean.:cool:

minimerlin
12-15-2009, 10:10 PM
I agree with both of these last posts..it is dirty LED arrays! Seen it, done it, fixed it by a full clean of them.

Having a ball
12-16-2009, 12:22 PM

Help.
The image you show is of bleeding due to build up on the print heads remove the transfer belt and the image units and (using a damp rag) nothing els and clean each print head until thje brown stains stop showing on the rag this should fix it.

ac3243
12-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Cleaning manually worked. Could not see a thing on the LED arrays but came up with lots of toner on the cleaning cloths. I had cleaned them from the front but I must not have done much. Removing the belt and IU's and cleaning from the side door was the trick. Thanks much for the help.
Happy Holidays

Custom Search