PDA

View Full Version : Di5510 - J11-02

Custom Search

OBXtech
12-16-2009, 02:42 PM
I believe I started a thread about this problem in the past, but I cannot find it so I'm starting this one. Sorry for the repitition.:o

This has been the most frustrating of jam codes for me. The jam itself occurs in the horizontal conveyance unit above the 2nd paper tray (large capacity tandem tray on the right). The paper doesn't exactly "jam" - it just stops.

I've attempted cleaning the two sensors above the unit, and I've even replaced the whole sensor assembly. Nothing works. The really frustrating part is that this is happening on about 5 machines in my service area (all at schools :eek:). I've scoured the knowledge base on the Konica Minolta site and have not found anything to help me with this.

Any ideas?

minimerlin
12-16-2009, 10:19 PM
What is the meter count on the 1st tray? Maybe the paper is just stopping because the 1st tray feed section is not getting the sheet out quickly enough! I find that the tyres never seem to last long. How about swopping the feed sections over.

ebm
12-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Have you noticed if the "coupling part" is still attached to the roller? Part no. 21 on pg 45 of the parts guide. Sometimes pin, no. 24, falls out and the coupling and spring ,no. 20, falls off the roller.

OBXtech
12-17-2009, 02:15 PM
I have changed tray one's feed tires (yes, they do wear out fast) and have indeed swapped feed assemblies with known working trays. I will take a closer look at the "coupling part" though. I haven't noticed anything out-of-place there, but I honestly haven't disected that area completely. Thanks for the info, guys. I'll follow up with any results, :)positive or :(negative.

Custom Search