PDA

View Full Version : C250 Faxing Internationally from UK

Custom Search

soltec
12-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi People,

I have a C250 with an FK-502 fax kit installed and the customer can fax locally around the UK fine, but when it comes to faxing internationally i get a T82 error code which means it cannot get an answer. When the customer had their old little basic fax machine in they could fax anywhere with no problems. I have placed an analogue phone into the "Direct Fax Line" and can ring the fax number and it picks up. I have tried changing the number of rings from 1 to 2 in the service mode and that has not helped.

Any Ideas what i can do? The fax setting is PB (UK Based i am)

Stirton.M
12-17-2009, 02:13 PM
T82 is a common error. Communications protocols are not being met

Marketing area should be set to Europe.

Found in system 1, techrep.

You should also set "fax target" to your local area. This portion is important because of certain dialing rules specific to many areas.

Also, in many cases I have found issues regarding differences in technology regarding the land line. There are several methods of phone access here and each one has small differences. Most of the time there should be no issue, but keep that in mind where dialing is concerned.

Turn Line monitor sound on. Administrator mode, fax, line settings.

Then try dialing any LD number. You should hear what is going on from there and you can adjust accordingly.

In some circumstances, a pause command is required. For example, most switchboards in office environments that require you to dial 9 work without issue, but some require that pause because the SB itself is slow to respond. In the case of LD, you will probably need to do this as well, to give your telco access a couple seconds to get long distance. Try direct dialing as well.

Also, ensure the machine has latest firmware.

soltec
12-21-2009, 09:45 AM
thanks stirton, when i go back to the customer site i will update you if it has worked, the marketing area is europe and fax target GB, i didn't mention that in my original post

Custom Search