PDA

View Full Version : imagistics/ minolta print controller question

Custom Search

brent
12-17-2009, 11:04 PM
my customer has a imagistics cm 3120 with the external controller off the back. they just did a domain name change. and lost connection. I know of the internal controllers they had the controll pad on the front of the machine. but on this one we are just trying to print off a configuration sheet. to hit it through the web interface. can anyone help me? also at that point is that how I can make all my additions or corrections. or can I go through the display to make network setting changes?

I really appreciate your help

by the way the controller on this is a cn3102e

thanks

Stirton.M
12-18-2009, 02:26 AM
Like all products of KM, to access the fiery controller should be through the main control panel. Press the Utility Key. From there, you should see a button on the screen called "controller". Press that and you should be presented with the interface for a 3102e controller

Just to clarify, the controller here is one that is a self contained white metal box that is attached to the back of the main body and has power connector on the top side that shares power off the mainbody of the copier, beside the power cable that powers the copier. If this is what you have, there is a separate power switch on the controller on the copier to controller cable side.

There is also a "Pro" variant to this, looks like a basic computer tower. I suspect you do not have this.

Domain name changes generally do not cripple a network connection to the device. Most of the time, TCP/IP is the means to network a fiery, and that is usually a fixed IP, though it can be set through DHCP using the MAC address assignment, typically a domain controller running Linux or Windows would control the address assignments. The former, network connection loss is unlikely, the latter is highly dependent upon the IT guys running the show.

Ensure you have the power switch of the fiery on.

If it was off, you will need to wait a few minutes while it is booting up. Can take as long as 5 minutes to become ready. Basically this means you will not see the "controller" key under utility until the Fiery is fully booted.

From there, the interface should be fairly straight forward.

If you need further help, let us know.

brent
12-18-2009, 04:12 AM
thanks for the quick reply. for sure the controller is on the back. but dumb me. I did not check if it was turned on or not. I will find out tomorrow. but I feel it was. there were lights blinking where the cat 5 cable was p lugged into the box. also I went into utility and did notice a controller button. which took me to a screen with 4 white boxes on . there were no words. just boxes. also to clarify. I am not the I T guy from this operation. what they do with the equipement is their deal. if they want to go from one domain to another. glad for them. they just took the ip off the server and went to change it. now since they have done that they can not even see the printer on the network. period. don't know what they did. so from what I have posted. and fiddling with the white boxes is it likeley that I have a problem with the controller? or is there a way to get a config sheet out of the mfp. thanks for the reply

brent

brent
12-19-2009, 05:43 PM
well it turned out easier than I had thought. there were white boxes on the screen. just had to reboot the controller by turning it off and on. now itis done. thanks

brent

Custom Search