PDA

View Full Version : C350 Driver won't print b/w

Custom Search

HelpdeskGuy
12-21-2009, 03:31 AM
I have a C350 with standard controller on a 2003 server running an xp virtual print server, when all settings are set to grayscale it will still print in colour.
I have sent the client a black only driver and prints b/w.
However the client doesn't really want to use seperate drivers for b/w and colour. anybody come across this before. :confused:

pepper38_cnd
12-21-2009, 11:39 AM
A lot of applications save the printer setting with the document so even if your driver is set to B/W the application is telling the printer to print in color. Example if you create a document in excel print it in color and save it, the next time you open it and go to print it even if you change the driver to B/W it will still print in color. If you open the document choose print and set the driver to B/W and then close the document without printing it will ask if you want to save your changes if you say yes you have now saved it with the B/W setting.

HelpdeskGuy
12-22-2009, 12:20 AM
All document settings are set to greyscale and this issue is not on a particular doc or programme i have set up docs myself and set to greyscale in print preference and advanced quality tab (word doc, excel ) and will still print colour.
I also got the cust to set b/w on driver loaded on server and printed test page and it printed in colour. The test page also showed no colour support but was in colour.

D_L_P
12-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Are there any settings on the copier for Default color? Like change it from auto to B/W?

Stirton.M
12-22-2009, 01:07 AM
All document settings are set to greyscale and this issue is not on a particular doc or programme i have set up docs myself and set to greyscale in print preference and advanced quality tab (word doc, excel ) and will still print colour.
I also got the cust to set b/w on driver loaded on server and printed test page and it printed in colour. The test page also showed no colour support but was in colour.

Might seem generic, but is the print driver the correct version for the firmware level? A quick check is to see if the driver will auto configure for options or not.

Another "obvious", but sometimes mistaken, is to use a generic 350 driver instead of the C350. Or better yet, using a C350 internal controller driver instead of the Fiery driver, or vice versa.

Outside of that, I recommend reflashing and possibly doing an initialize of the machine.

TheOwl
12-22-2009, 01:52 AM
Which version of print driver are you using?

I had a similar issue just this morning with the 1.10 driver on a 2003 box and over came by installing a fresh print queue with the later driver.

Upgrading the existing queue with the new driver didn't help the problem either.

HelpdeskGuy
12-22-2009, 02:46 AM
latest driver colour and black only driver installed v1.17 co;our and 1.18 b/w mc has standard controller m/c firmware up to date and there is no setting on m/c that will affect colour or b/w printing only default for copying

TheOwl
12-22-2009, 03:28 AM
Have you tried creating a new print queue though?

mascan42
12-22-2009, 03:36 AM
I know the Fiery for this model has a similar problem (printing process black instead of pure black when using external fonts) that has a patch fix. I've never seen it with the standard controller, though.

HelpdeskGuy
12-22-2009, 03:38 AM
When you say installing new print queue do you mean deleting all current driver s and reinstalling if so yes it has been done the site has remote IT so i can only assume this is what they have done because that is what i suggested they do. i even provided new print drivers as listed above.:)

TheOwl
12-22-2009, 03:46 AM
I would suggest that you connect your laptop to the device directly with one of the customers print jobs so that you prove to the customer that the machine is doing as it is being told.

You could then put the blame back onto the IT people and wash your hands clean of it.

HelpdeskGuy
12-22-2009, 03:52 AM
THat was the first thing i did on site
Standard procedure for us when printing issues
This is a large site with 10 - 15 mfps so cant drop them
If only it was that easy lol

TheOwl
12-22-2009, 04:20 AM
Cool cool.

So I take it that it works from your laptop and just not the customers network.

In this case, then again I would suggest that the IT people create a new print queue on their server and get them to test that. Make sure that you tell them that the copier is doing as it supposed to from your laptop and that there must be something like a corrupt driver on their server which is causing the issue.

HelpdeskGuy
12-22-2009, 04:33 AM
Good suggestion have contacted their IT and ask that they put driver on differrent server or local load and test will post outcome.:D

mascan42
12-22-2009, 12:41 PM
THat was the first thing i did on site
Standard procedure for us when printing issues
This is a large site with 10 - 15 mfps so cant drop them
If only it was that easy lol
Out of curiosity, do any of their other machines have the same issue?

Custom Search