PDA

View Full Version : Di 470 MINOLTA NEED HELP

Custom Search

KHAN
03-10-2007, 04:00 AM
HELLO FRIENDS I WANT TO REPLACE THE DRUM,CLEANING BLADE,DEVELOPER ,UPPER ROLLER ,WEB etc,
I HAVE THE S.M FOR THIS COPIER,BUT I NEVER REPLACE PARTS IN THIS COPIER, IS THERE ANY SUGGESTION FROM THE EXPRIENCE PERSONS, BEFORE I AM GETING START WORK ON THIS COPIER.
THANKS I WILL WAIT FOR REPLY?

vypurr
03-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Just make sure to remove ATDC sensor when vacumning out dev unit.
And reset proper counters in tech rep mode

wagon
03-12-2007, 11:34 PM
The Di470 are a great machine - clean, clean, clean and you could get 300k between service calls - wash the main charger and tr/sep with a good detergent and put them in the sun to dry - then rewire the tr/sep with the correct wire. Don't forget to empty the waste toner box. And clean all of the transport rollers including the duplexer. Clean and lube the one way gear on the side door at the fuser end (don't forget the ozone filter). Clean the optics and the adf paper path too. While you are changing the drum blade change the antispill also. Don't forget to check/clean/replace the pin on the end of the mag roller.

I loved these machines (450, 550, 470, 552) and could get excellent CQ and copies between calls with a couple of hours of thorough cleaning. I don't think I forgot too much.

Kendall.

KHAN
03-13-2007, 06:48 AM
ok thanks friends i will check all these points.

thanks

Scott_Lewis
03-19-2007, 03:51 AM
The Di470 are a great machine - clean, clean, clean and you could get 300k between service calls -

I loved these machines (450, 550, 470, 552) and could get excellent CQ and copies between calls with a couple of hours of thorough cleaning. I don't think I forgot too much.

Kendall.

Wow, never thought I'd see anyone that 'loves' this model series. It is about a c- in my book. I can't get them to stop jamming at the fuser seps. Have one that I cannot get to stop dribbling toner (or was it developer) off of the mag roller.

Scott

sagebrother
03-19-2007, 10:35 PM
don't forget to change the D's collars too...

wagon
03-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Ah, yes, the SOME 450/550's liked to drop their guts occassionaly, but apart from that, they were pretty good! (Although the fuser life in the 470 was crap due to insufficient oil - I had a mod for that - in fact, all that series 450/550/470/552 - 1 million copies EASILY out of the UFR, if you did my mod)

Kendall.

Scott_Lewis
03-21-2007, 04:30 AM
1 million copies EASILY out of the UFR, if you did my mod)

Kendall.

OK, I'll bite. I'm going to guess you soaked the web roller in olive oil overnight before installing it on the fuser.

I've just started installing new f/w that doubles the speed of the web advance. I've complained to Minolta in the past about how the PM 3 counter doesn't advance properly which is also what drives the web advance logic. Hoping that will make a positive difference.

Scott

wagon
03-21-2007, 04:37 AM
You are right, my mod runs the web motor more often! Please bear in mind the mod I built was 3 years or so ago, before any 'new' firmware. It is an electronic mod for a standard machine. You would end up getting around 120k out of a web, but the seps lasted longer, less jams and the ufr lasted a long, long time (actually, I think I got over a million out of one machine!). No olive oil used, just some good old fashioned electronics.

Kendall.

Proton
05-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Sorry before,,, for my bad English.

Can anyone help me?
I got this problem, that the AIDC sensor always covered by toner:(

So, everyday in the morning,,, i clean it first before it can operate during the day.

How can i fix this? i mean, i don't want to clean it everyday (this is troublesome)

anyone please do help me, i'm beg you all ...
i can't stand this anymore.....

wagon
05-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Sounds to me like the machine needs a new developer or maybe it's overtoning a lot. Is it leaving spots of toner on the copies? It's also possible the recovery blade is worn out.

Proton
05-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Sounds to me like the machine needs a new developer or maybe it's overtoning a lot. Is it leaving spots of toner on the copies? It's also possible the recovery blade is worn out.
Thanx a lot for becoming the first to respon....

May i ask the meaning of 'new developer'? is that mean to?? what i'm clueless

'Overtoning' i do put toner more than ussual, ussually = 0.5 Kg & now i put 1.0 Kg ( i think this is still ok )

Yes! it leaving spots on the copies,,, so the result is awfully ugly

But, i can sure you the blade is in perfect condition, tommorow i will provide you with picture... (cleaning time in the morning :()
please do help me...

wagon
05-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Proton,

It seems to me the machine needs a bit of love. Get a service manual and start with that.

JustManuals
05-25-2011, 05:12 PM
The original post was in 2007. He most likely resolved the problem by now.

Proton
05-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Proton,

It seems to me the machine needs a bit of love. Get a service manual and start with that.
Here it goes Bro..
[BEFORE]
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8528/beforeo.jpg

[AFTER]
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6893/aftern.jpg

Where can i get the Service Manual?
Please do help me Bro...
I don't wanna do the "morning cleaning" the rest of my life.
Besides, sucking this toner every morning is bad for my health.

JustManuals
05-26-2011, 03:05 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Hansoon
05-26-2011, 06:42 AM
Wow, that cleaning blade for sure has patina......

Hans

BlueBlazer
05-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Do you do a recalibration after you clean it? I managed to keep a misbehaving one of these going for a few months between cleaning by cleaning every surface around the cleaning blade(I mean EVERYTHING cue tips and all.) and recalibrating the ADF sensor after i finished. If I didn't recalibrate it would just dump toner and next time I restarted the machine I would have to clean it again.

Hansoon
05-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Just a far thought: Is the sensor for the rear machine cover in place (lower left corner at the rear)? If knocked out of place or otherwise not functional the machine will not calibrate properly.

Anyway, it looks the machine could need starter (developer), cleaning blade, antispill mylar and perhaps a new drum.

Hans

SPBE
05-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Definatly needs the antispill mylar. Also I would make sure the waste toner box isn't full.

eg101
05-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Toner falling on the AIDC and 'splashing' on the copies is either from overtoning and/or anti spill plate cracking.

Proton
07-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Wow, that cleaning blade for sure has patina......
Hans
What is 'patina' means?

Proton
07-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Do you do a recalibration after you clean it? I managed to keep a misbehaving one of these going for a few months between cleaning by cleaning every surface around the cleaning blade(I mean EVERYTHING cue tips and all.) and recalibrating the ADF sensor after i finished. If I didn't recalibrate it would just dump toner and next time I restarted the machine I would have to clean it again.
How do i 're-calibrate' it?

Proton
07-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Just a far thought: Is the sensor for the rear machine cover in place (lower left corner at the rear)? If knocked out of place or otherwise not functional the machine will not calibrate properly.

Anyway, it looks the machine could need starter (developer), cleaning blade, antispill mylar and perhaps a new drum.

Hans
Thanx Bos Hans :D
I already add starter (developer) change the cleaning blade with the new one &
using a tape from video cassette betamax as a antispill mylar, but drum is still fine.

Proton
07-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Definatly needs the antispill mylar.
Also I would make sure the waste toner box isn't full.
i'm sure Sir, the waste toner box is far from full.

Proton
07-05-2011, 06:44 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com
Wow,,, $12.77
next time baby,,,, ;)

Custom Search