PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7165

Custom Search

carneage
12-22-2009, 02:41 AM
Hey there all.... i have a slight issue... i have a Konica 7165 that came adrift in transport and got a little beaten up... i turn the thing on and it says please wait a while .... then it goes to the konica screen and that is it. i have been looking at it and have found that the big hard (HD-105) drive has gone kaput, i replaced that drive with a new reformated 15 Gb hdd , then i have pulled all the boards out and given them the once over, and re connected to where they should be, powered up and got the blast off screen, but the touch pannel is not working except in the bottom left of the screen, a bit more prodding around in the back and the thing now just goes back to the konica screen, and that is it, i found that if i pulled the memory board off the top print board (part number 56AA-9121) and powered up it would get to the normal interface and then shut down, then i tried re attaching the board and got the Konica screen again..i suspect that the memory board is buggered up, has this happened before to people? can any one please send me the flash information for this Printer and hard drives, and any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance
nick

pepper38_cnd
12-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Make sure your fuser latch is in the proper position. Cheat the interlocks and make sure the fuser lamps are operating. I can't remember but I think if you replace the HDD you must format it in the machine you can boot into key op mode or service mode and do the format but that would not keep it from warming up. I would still focus on the fuser section.

carneage
12-24-2009, 01:28 AM
hey there
the fuser seems to be operating some of the time, not always, have you got any brilliant ideas? i think that the 56aa-9121 could be at fault but i am still not too sure what its function is
thanks
nick

pepper38_cnd
12-24-2009, 11:45 AM
I doubt that the NVRAM is a problem on that particular machine. It is more likely that it thinks that some thing is open. Check you interlock switches, also make sure there is not a pile of developer sitting on the ADU board ( this causes some weird problems). I can't remember on that machine but a lot of those older Konica's had a switch activated by the fuser latch if it failed only one fuser lamp cycled and the machine never came ready no code either.

carneage
05-29-2010, 05:18 AM
just replaced the NVRAM and the IP 511 and the whole machine works a treat, the only down side is that there is wrinkles in the pages as they print, does any one know what causes this??

minimerlin
05-29-2010, 10:12 PM
just replaced the NVRAM and the IP 511 and the whole machine works a treat, the only down side is that there is wrinkles in the pages as they print, does any one know what causes this??Fuser pressures or anti curl roller?

RockETop
05-29-2010, 10:48 PM
The fuser pressure roller is providing uneven pressure against the heat roller.

carneage
05-29-2010, 11:08 PM
great ia that an easy fix or an expencive fix??

carneage
05-30-2010, 02:41 AM
and does any one know how to do this as i am in a no support area in the country of australia!

mrwho
05-30-2010, 04:25 AM
Most probably a cheap fix - check if the upper fuser roller's plastic sleeves are in place - They sometimes break, causing that same problem. Check it first before trying anything more expensive.

carneage
06-08-2010, 10:15 AM
i have just checked the rollers seem to be in place properly (the one that has a soft coating) and they seem to be in alignment
any other ideas please... this is ripping my hair out stuff!!

carneage
06-08-2010, 10:16 AM
i have just checked the rollers seem to be in place properly (the one that has a soft coating) and they seem to be in alignment
any other ideas please... this is ripping my hair out stuff!!

minimerlin
06-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Is the web operating correctly? Is the top fuser roller correctly fitted..with good heat shield bushes inside the bearings and is the pressure lever working..it lifts the lower fuser roller up towards the top one. Can you stop the sheet as it passes the fuser to see what is happening to it?

carneage
06-15-2010, 03:58 AM
i have just noticed that the soft roller(anti curl roller) has lumps in it could that be causing the curl issue and on further investigation it is that A3 paper on the leading edge is curling and A4 paper on portrait is curling but on landscape it is fine any ideas??

carneage
06-15-2010, 11:18 AM
here are a couple of photos of the page as it comes out of the printer.... please help .... i am losing my mind on this one!!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4486943/15062010128.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4486943/15062010129.jpg

carneage
06-15-2010, 12:01 PM
can any one tell me if the decurl roller should be very soft to the touch and out of round to the finger when spinning it in position?

minimerlin
06-15-2010, 08:23 PM
can any one tell me if the decurl roller should be very soft to the touch and out of round to the finger when spinning it in position?
A new decurler roller is fairly tough to touch and should always rotate true with no offset. The best idea would be to fit a new one!

An old roller is soft and squidgy to touch and usually is worn more in the middle.

carneage
06-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Great the de curl roller is soft as a kitchen sponge, i will replace .... can any one please tell me where to find a good ... cheap replacement for this that will ship to australia... i think the part number is 56AA53070? is that correct
thanks all for your help
i am glad to be able to see a light at the end of the tunnel

carneage
07-04-2010, 08:21 AM
got a new decurl roller and it works perfectly... thanks for all your help everyone

Custom Search