PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 - C0F30?

Custom Search

OutlawTorn
12-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey all, having a bit of bother with a C350 flashing up with a C0F30 code. I have followed the manual and cleaned the ATDC sensor, recalibrated and cleaned the LED of the cyan imaging unit and eventually I just replaced the I.U.

all seemed well for a month or so, but the problem has returned. Any ideas what I should try next? replace the sensor?

thanks in advance.

tech51
12-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Hey all, having a bit of bother with a C350 flashing up with a C0F30 code. I have followed the manual and cleaned the ATDC sensor, recalibrated and cleaned the LED of the cyan imaging unit and eventually I just replaced the I.U.

all seemed well for a month or so, but the problem has returned. Any ideas what I should try next? replace the sensor?

thanks in advance.

Only time I had this code the sensor had failed so it looks like you`ll need to change yours.

OutlawTorn
01-11-2010, 09:25 AM
ok, I think I will try replacing that sensor then. Does anyone know what the part number is for the cyan atdc sensor is? can't seem to find it in the manual. Thanks.

tech51
01-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Couldn't find part number either (mine came off scrapped m/c) however while hunting for part number I found this bit of info, may help.

Description
C0F30 (C-0F30), C0F32 (C-0F32), C0F34 (C-0F34) or C0F36 (C-0F36) codes with low toner density.
Solution
CAUSE: Low toner-to-developer ratio in the IU due to a failed PWB MC board,Toner Motor or one-way gear in the toner supply drive.
Anopen ICP7 (C0F32/C0F34 codes) or ICP8 (C0F30/C0F36 codes) on the PWB MC may be to blame.
Final reult is tonernot being supplied to the imaging unit designated by the following codes:
C0F30 = cyan
C0F32 = magenta
C0F34 = yellow
C0F36 = black
SOLUTION: To check the PWB MC board,perform the following:
1.Remove the PWB MC from theMFP.
2. On the rear side of PWB MC locate ICP7/ICP8.
3. Usinga meter, check for continuity across the component.It should read as a short. If it reads asopen, replace PWB MC (p/n 4036 7811 01).
IMPORTANT : If you are replacing/sending PWB MC in for repair you MUST remove IC45 a small 8-pin chip, as a new/repaired PWB MC will NOT have this
chip installed.
To check for a failed Toner Motor or one-way gear in the toner supply drive,perform the following:
1.To check if the motor is functioning please go into Tech Rep Mode and select State Confirm/Level History 1 and write down the ATDC reading for the
effected color (C, M, Y or K).
2.After getting this reading then go to Image Adjust/ATDC Toner Supply.
3.Select the affected color (C, M, Y or K) and press the Start button.
4.After the toner supply cycle has completed, go back into State Confirm/Level History 1 and compare the previous reading with the new reading.
5.If they are the same then remove the toner hopper, physically check that the toner motor is driving and verify that the one-way gear is not spinning freely in
both directions.
6. Replace any failed parts as necessary.

RRodgers
01-12-2010, 09:57 PM
When I had a machine with that code it was a slipping one way (or something was broke can't remember it was 4 years ago) in the toner feed system. You can check the lvl in tech mode ( I think its called service table 2 or something like that) and then try doing a toner add for the color that is low. ( I thin they were all around 7%) the code goes off around 2~3%.

Hth

OutlawTorn
01-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone, I checked the ATDC level of the cyan and it was sitting at 0%! this led me to check the toner and low and behold the cyan toner is empty. Is there any reason that the machine hasn't warned that it's cyan level is low/empty?

I changed the toner, ran the ATDC supply and the reading for cyan is now 4.3% and rising - hopefully thats the problem solved in the meantime.

thanks again.

Custom Search