PDA

View Full Version : SD-501 Finisher

Custom Search

Dedotch
12-22-2009, 07:24 PM
I have a SD-501 with serial # strarting with 15AP. I have been told that this one will only connect to a B&W machine. I have a color machine. He said the serial # should start with 15AR on the SD unit to connect to color. Does this sound right? I don't see why it matters the jumpers and dip switiches are there and set for color. Any ideas how to make this connect I have the RU 504 between them the machine shows it but not the SD unit.

Thanks Scott

Avalon
12-22-2009, 08:20 PM
It is my understanding that the finisher is universal,all that is different is the dipswitch settings and the firmware.Email me if you need the firmware.
Mark.

random
12-23-2009, 06:07 AM
You will have to replace the finisher control board as it is not compatable with the later colour machine.

dljorg
12-24-2009, 01:19 PM
My understanding also is that all the SD-501's will go on both C6500 color and 1050 B&W. My company controls inventory pretty well so my experience here is limited. The description below WILL get the SD unit right. If it does not then our friend's suggestion about a new circuit board is in order.

Did this thing come new from KM? or is it used and being moved from another unit?

New from the box SD-501's come set up for use with the C6500. Installation instructions are confusing about this. If you or someone else has changed a DIP switch or jumper on the SD unit, that is an all too common mistake caused by reading the wrong section of the install instructions.

Your description of the C6500 op panel showing the relay unit but not the finisher is a symptom of either DIP switches in the wrong place or incorrect firmware.

Check the firmware version in service mode on the C6500. Version 30 is most current for the SD-501. If the version comes up blank that unit may have 1050 firmware installed. KM has the most current firmware on their website or accept our friend's offer of an email. Overall firmware version that is most current as of 12/09 is v60.

I have had difficulty changing firmware from 1050 to C6500 types when there are multiple peripherals in a chain. Try hooking the SD unit directly to the relay if there is a problem.

On the SD main board (facing the back of the SD unit talke off the left cover) there is a four position DIP SW. For a C6500 color machine all should be OFF except #2. For the 1050 B&W they are all off.

There is also an instruction for a jumper at CN19. For a color installation DO NOT use the jumper, harness should be connected to CN19. (Jumper is required for 1050 firmware installation.)

Best Regards from the snow in Connecticut!

Dedotch
12-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks dljorg. I did have the switches wrong. The installation instructions tell me to enter service mode and show the main body where it is by entering the serial #. "M/C Serial Number Setting". I don't know how to get into service mode. Can you advise. It is not a Minolta it is an IKON CPP 650. Thanks

Avalon
12-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Utility counter,stop,0,0,stop,0,1 will get you into service mode to put the serial number in.

Setright
01-04-2010, 07:38 AM
They can be tricky. As well as the dipswitch settings, you need to load the correct firmware into the finishers.

I have found a good succes rate if I connect only one finisher at a time - just the cables/wires - directly to the printer.

Often the long chain of finishers muddles things up.

langelot
01-04-2010, 05:20 PM
If you are still having issues with the saddle stitcher (SD-501) and cannot use it for whatever reason, please let me know, I have a 1050 and need the unit for booklet making and would gladly buy it from you. We are in South Florida.

Custom Search