PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C352

Custom Search

Johnny_B500
03-13-2007, 01:04 AM
Hi all,

I am currently stuck with a problem on a C352 with a FS-514 finisher. The staple function is not working correctly.

I am having the following symptoms:

- Not stapling (although the actual stapler is moving into position to staple and then moving back to its home position after the job has finished).

- Paper in finisher just before exit section not reversing towards the stapler.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John :cool:

mikeena
03-14-2007, 05:44 AM
the first thing i would figure out is if you pull out the stapler does the finsiher work.. i had a kind of similar issue but it was on a c250. the finisher would work but if you tried to staple you would have issues thats if it even tried to staple. in the end all it was, was if you are standing in front of the machine on the back towards the left you will find a white switch. this white switch hits another switch that trigures the stapler. thats all it was. hopefully this helps if not let me know what are all the symptons and ill get back to you on it

CMB
03-14-2007, 11:52 AM
i'm going to ask a silly question. are your sure you have the correct finisher connected to the copier? check the install list and make sure. our guy in the shop put the wrong finisher on one(he said they looked the same-but they are not) and only half of it worked like it should.

Johnny_B500
03-17-2007, 01:53 AM
If anyone else has the same problem it is worth checking this out.

It turned out to be the paper reverse paddle(s) in the finisher. The paddle assembly had broken on the shaft and wasn't turning, hence the paper was not reversing towards the staple unit.

Thanks for the help,

csimpson
12-10-2007, 06:22 AM
I have also had a problem with the paper not exiting, if you clean the one way barring that rotates the exit roller it should fix it. they come from factory with to much grease

Johnny_B500
04-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah that works but there is a Firmware fix for it too! ;)

JSC
04-21-2008, 02:53 PM
If anyone else has the same problem it is worth checking this out.

It turned out to be the paper reverse paddle(s) in the finisher. The paddle assembly had broken on the shaft and wasn't turning, hence the paper was not reversing towards the staple unit.

Thanks for the help,

I now carry the paddle and the holder on my car they brake on the C250/252 all the time. not had to fit any to the C253 range of machines yet though.

Custom Search