PDA

View Full Version : Biz C352 test pattern scanning error

Custom Search

kingarthur
12-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi I'm geting the above error when trying to carry out gradation in tech mode. first of all it was only happening with A3 & would let me carry out the gradation on A4. now it won't let me carry it out at all. Any suggestions.

Stirton.M
12-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi I'm geting the above error when trying to carry out gradation in tech mode. first of all it was only happening with A3 & would let me carry out the gradation on A4. now it won't let me carry it out at all. Any suggestions.

Just so you know, this is the wrong area of the forum to ask. You are in the site feedback area. KonicaMinolta forum is a couple doors down from the primary page.

That said...ensure that when you are doing your gradation that the paper is properly centered in the tray before you print to it. If not, the machine will fail when it is scanning the pattern.

Also, each gradation type performed has different control patches printed on the paper. These are solid black blocks that act as a key. There are 3 of them and they are all printed in different positions relative to the gradation pattern generated. They are specific to the pattern and you cannot scan them if you use the wrong pattern...such as, you the first pattern, scan it in, create a second pattern (which almost looks identical) and scan in the first again. That will not work.

Also, ensure that black block pattern is parallel to the left registration guide. What you see on the control panel when directed to place the printed image on the glass.

Though I cannot say for certain, you could try putting in some 8.5x11 or 11x17 paper and try to do a gradation off of that. It might simply be because of paper size issues...maybe something to do with marketing area settings???

kingarthur
12-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi, I realised after i posted it, that it was in the wrong forum, sorry about that, but don't know how to delete it, i did put it on the KM forum after, but it doesn't appear to be there.

I have checked the paper is straight, it doesn't matter which tray you print from , it's still the same, have tried each of the 3 gradation choices, using correct chart, each time, will try a different size, have also cleaned the optics just in case the mirrors/glass were dirty & couldn't read it properly & also checked,as best as i can ,that the optics were straight.

Thanks for your assistance, finishing now for Christmas, so not going to worry about it now. Hope you have a good christmas.:)

netcomval
01-02-2010, 12:28 AM
this happened to me on a bizhub c250 machine.

RRodgers
01-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Everytime it's failed on me it's been dirty optics.
HTH

kingarthur
01-04-2010, 04:08 PM
this happened to me on a bizhub c250 machine.

Thanks netcomval, it did the trick for me, can now do gradation A4 & A3.
Happy New Year to you:)

netcomval
01-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks netcomval, it did the trick for me, can now do gradation A4 & A3.
Happy New Year to you:)
no problem, glad when I can help. happy new year to you too

Gibraltar's Ghost
01-13-2010, 09:29 AM
this helped me too.

thanks.:)

Custom Search