PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub Pro 920 & C5500 Booklets

Custom Search

JimThePrinter
12-28-2009, 01:45 PM
The machines I am referring to below are the Bizhub Pro 920 and C5500.

I am looking for a solution to the problem of booklets accumulating at the finisher and having the operator constantly clearing this area so the machine can continue. I have heard of clients building a platform on which the entire machine sits and the booklets fall into a paper box or something larger. Has anyone thought up a solution to this issue so the machine can run continuously without interruptions?

kmcopier
12-28-2009, 06:07 PM
We have some customers how made a platform,and where the machine is about 40 CM from the ground, And under the exit of the FS there is a box where the booklets falls in..

JimThePrinter
12-28-2009, 06:42 PM
kmcopier,

Thank you for responding to my question. Is it possible for you to ask your customer if it's alright for me to contact them on how they made the platform, perhaps a photo of the platform, etc.? I would very much like to see how they did this.

If they are ok with me contacting them, could you provide an email address?

Thanks again!

Coptech
12-28-2009, 08:44 PM
If it like the 7085, talk them into a trimmer unit. That will get them a booklet stacker that holds quite a few booklets.

Stirton.M
12-28-2009, 08:57 PM
A couple of our customers simply removed the small exit tray and placed a box top (from the packaging of several reams of paper) at the exit on the floor. Not as glamorous as a trimmer unit tho....I ditto that idea....

JimThePrinter
12-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Stirton.M,

That is what is currently in use, however, the box lid works only for a short while ... the booklets accumlate quickly and blocks the sensor, thus pausing the machine. The customer is a one man shop and has many things going on at the same time, so he is constantly running back to the copier to clear the finisher path.

He loves his Bizhubs, but is not happy with this design flaw.

As for the trimmer, they are not interested - they have two 920's and a C5500 - it's not in their budget.

Appreciate the suggestions.....

Stirton.M
12-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Perhaps a slide of some kind...long ramp...of course, this is dependent upon how much room is available off that side of the machine and whether or not it blocks walking path.

Cut a hole in the floor? Getting the machine elevated will be an issue because of its weight...whatever it stands on needs to be very strong...last I recall without looking up the specs, the base unit alone is about 600 lbs.

Custom Search