PDA

View Full Version : HDD data now clear

Custom Search

poz31
12-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Got this DI 551 with a massage on the screen that says “HDD data now clear”
But it never goes away. Tried to reset print server manually and through web tools and nothing.
The problem the printer will not work. Is there a way to clear data on the HDD?

ebm
12-29-2009, 10:06 PM
HD-105 is no good. Call a tech to replace or remove it from the main body. You won't be able to print/scan without it.

poz31
12-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanksxxx for the response

Actually I'm the tech, but mostly working on the bizhubs.....
This is the only machine I got (seems the DI 551 and DI 650 are the same)
but going back to the topic.....
Do I need to reset the software (for the PI 6500)????
I have set up this machine to scan to the hard drive....will formatting the HDD will fix or need to get another hard drive??
Is there a way I can do a back up or image from the HDD installed on the di551???
Since I only have this machine I have only the service and parts manuals..Any manual that I should get?

ebm
12-30-2009, 01:08 AM
With the Konica 7155 version of this engine the HD usually needed to be replaced. You can try to format the HD and reload the firmware. Sometimes that worked temporarily, but usually got a recall and had to replace.

poz31
12-31-2009, 12:36 AM
OK I replaced the print controller with a different HD and nothing....

Tried to locate the HD-105 but the parts manual or field manual does not mentioned ....only there is simms on mode 47 to check up the HD
could you tell me where is located????
I got a DI 650 parts machine.

ebm
12-31-2009, 02:04 AM
OK I replaced the print controller with a different HD and nothing....

Tries to locate the HD-105 but the parts manual or field manual does not mentioned ....only there is simms on mode 47 to check up the HD
could you tell me where is located????
I got a DI 650 parts machine.

The Hard Disk check procedure is in the 47-mode of the Adjustment Section of the Service Manual. There is also a IP connection test in the Output Checklist of the 47-mode.
Not sure if Konica 7155/65 model options such as IP511 and HD105 is interchangeable w/ the Minolta Di551 model.

ebm
12-31-2009, 05:47 PM
There is two hard disks. One is the HD-105 and there is a hard disk in the print controller.

Try checking the 25-mode soft switches and try to isolate the components to narrow down where the problem might be. If you disable the HD105 and/or print controller and the machine fires up then you know the problem is w/ that unit. I think there are switches that tell the machine the option HDD is connected and switches that will disable or isolate components for troubleshooting(paper trays,HDD,finisher,etc.).

poz31
01-06-2010, 06:05 PM
O I’m working on a DI551 (Minolta) and getting “HDD data now clear”. Seem this machine has two HD when equipped with the print controller 1 HD, but for the copier itself appears to have another HD
I did removed the side panel (right ) and found the toner hopper, on the back I removed all the boards and found nothing……is this machine equipped with a HD for the copier Like the DI 620 which was located underneath the scanner?
If so where is this HD physically located?
If not what about the “HD DATA NOW CLEAR” massage is there a way to reset it?
I even swapped with another PI6500 with no hard drive and still I’m getting the same massage..

Update....
I did turn it off (HD) by means of simulation 25 switch 2....
machine started working , printing and scans BUT..... takes a long time......
I think somehow the disable HD is needed .... do you know where the HD is located???

please help

Morlock49
01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
there is a seperate hard drive for the copier, which is not part of the print controller.

Memory Upgrade Options
HDD-2 4595-611 20GB HDD Kit For storing scanned images and adding stamps/watermarks to documents

The hard disk will be on the back right hand side, about half way up the chassis, it will have a metal box frame with a fan on the outside at the bottom.

Setting the software DIP switch

1. Enter 25 mode.

Caution:

DO NOT start up from the MODE CHANGING
MENU.
2. Set DIP switches 2-0 to 1 (ON).
3. Check installation of the hard disk unit, following
the procedure below.
(1) Turn the main power switch OFF at the main
switch of the main unit, then back ON again,
checking to see whether or not any error indication
appears.