PDA

View Full Version : CF3102

Custom Search

tweek65
12-30-2009, 12:10 AM
I have a CF3102 that does not want to print.The que says its printing but the job never shows up on the display.I can ping the machine,scan from the machine and copy and inturnal prints.But will not print out something i send to it?possible HHD?I know these fierys are known for it.?:eek:

Stirton.M
12-30-2009, 04:33 AM
I have a CF3102 that does not want to print.The que says its printing but the job never shows up on the display.I can ping the machine,scan from the machine and copy and inturnal prints.But will not print out something i send to it?possible HHD?I know these fierys are known for it.?:eek:

Cycle the power between both units, the copier main power (lower right side near the front) and the fiery (right side of the white case on the rear of the machine).

Wait a few minutes. Eventually an "i" will appear on the control panel to indicate the presence of the fiery fully booted.

Verify you can at least get that far. I suspect a poor communication between the devices themselves may be at cause. Or the copier has copytracking or authentication enabled in Admin and the printing is being dropped because of the lack of any user codes being employed within the driver.

tweek65
12-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanx. but i have done the power on/off and did a soft inilizasion.sorry on the spelling.the I comes up fine everything is there for the fiery it just wont print.They do not use user codes.Usaully when the I doesnt come up its the harddrive.This machine over the years has had it repl. twice.but ussually you cant even see the harddrive on the display when it goes.

Stirton.M
12-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanx. but i have done the power on/off and did a soft inilizasion.sorry on the spelling.the I comes up fine everything is there for the fiery it just wont print.They do not use user codes.Usaully when the I doesnt come up its the harddrive.This machine over the years has had it repl. twice.but ussually you cant even see the harddrive on the display when it goes.

Well, if you can see the fiery, can you get a configuration sheet from it?

From there, you can verify a few things for yourself.

Ensure the network settings match your network. Ensure the subnet mast and gateway link to your network. Either of these is a mismatch, you will not succeed in printing reliably. Of course, the IP address used is also a given.

You can also print out a job log. If the fiery is receiving the print jobs, there should be a list of the attempts.

Can you access the fiery through webtools in pagescope?

Also, verify you are using the correct driver. Not usually the problem, but sometimes these get overlooked.

Inspect the interface cable. Power off both units and replug the connector.

Failing those, the only other option is to do a factory reset in server clear of the fiery. The point here being that information on the fiery may have become corrupted and that it is preventing the prints. The factory reset will clear the fiery settings, so ensure you have a config sheet printed out before you do this so you can reinput the specific network settings such as email, DNS, IP and such.

As for the hard drive, you can still have a fiery fail and the hard drive is fine. Just like any other computer, the fiery has an OS, and like any other computer, that OS can become corrupted.

After all is said and done, if none of those resolves the problem, a system reinstall may be the only recourse. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, just that it is time consuming step.

Or even a firmware update to the main body might be in order.

tech51
12-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Perhaps it would be worth trying to connect to it using command workstation, it might give a clue as to whats happening. Also have you cleared the server? I've seen these play up if the hard drive is filling up.

RRodgers
12-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Perhaps it would be worth trying to connect to it using command workstation, it might give a clue as to whats happening. Also have you cleared the server? I've seen these play up if the hard drive is filling up.

Yep, connect up to it via command workstation and see what's going on. I have a box that for some reason LOVES to hold on to old print jobs. Last time I check it would stop printing and scanning, turns out it had 866 print jobs locked up in the que.

Here is a screen shot.
LOL

tweek65
01-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Thanx guys!It did end up to be the fiery job log was backed up.It had like 2000 jobs in it.As so as i started to delete it started printing.Lets hope it keeps ticking.Got love these customers that think it will last for 10yrs?:D

RRodgers
01-01-2010, 04:05 AM
Yeah, just be sure to swing by every six months and clear the que out. From what I remember it was a unix problem.

Custom Search