PDA

View Full Version : biz hub pro c500

Custom Search

copierlady
12-30-2009, 03:52 PM
hey guys i just did a 100k pm on this c500 (fuser rebuild, corona replacement,filters, waste tank) worked fine for me but.... next day customer called to say copier is asking for (K) toner and when they instll new bottle the message will not go away i checked myself for operator error but they were telling the truth. anybody know whats up?

RRodgers
12-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Open the toner add door and check to see if the delievery system is working ok. Also, check to see that they are using the correct toner for the machine and it's not some "off brand"

copierlady
12-30-2009, 07:56 PM
How do i check the delivery system? Not sure what you mean sorry. I pulled the bottle out (it was really hard coming out) and looked in the toner hopper it had a small pile ( a table spoon or so) of toner at the bottom of it that did not seem right to me. Not sure but i believe the box of toner was oem. The service manual says something about "old style vs new style " useing different toners but it is not specfic about it

Albonline
12-30-2009, 08:16 PM
this unit has 2 interlocks on the toner door. one ,the photosensor tells copier the door is closed the other the microswitch ,is a kill switch to the motors for toner addition. if the switch is not made the sub hopper will not fill, hence the add toner message. hope this helps.

copierlady
12-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Ok thanks. Are both switches activated by the same arm? They do have a problem with the plastic arm on the door looks like someone tried to glue it back on.

RRodgers
12-30-2009, 09:47 PM
How do i check the delivery system? Not sure what you mean sorry. I pulled the bottle out (it was really hard coming out) and looked in the toner hopper it had a small pile ( a table spoon or so) of toner at the bottom of it that did not seem right to me. Not sure but i believe the box of toner was oem. The service manual says something about "old style vs new style " useing different toners but it is not specfic about it

If it's really hard to come out it's the wrong toner. (I've seen this) it's probably missing one of the veins in the bottle.

This is the spot you can point it out and (if it's wrong which I'm leaning that way) I'm done until you get the right toner. Course, they will tell you it worked before, doesn't matter, you are only required to get the machine running to spec, the toner is out of spec and all bets are off.
GL

Albonline
12-30-2009, 09:50 PM
yes the interlocks are located/actuated togather. try cheeting the set with somthing see if the bottles turn. if they do you may need to disassemble the cover and reform the actuator bar.

copierlady
12-30-2009, 10:33 PM
thanks guys. i can't get back to the machine until mon. am to check those things (customer closed) you have a save new years, and i'll let ya know what i find out. your right they are gonna swear i did something to cause this because "it worked before" oh well such are the pitfalls of this job!

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/bbcodemanager/simple/link.gif (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/29055-biz-hub-pro-c500.html#post114998)

copierladydoor switches

Si@danwood
12-31-2009, 09:32 AM
Try opening and firmly reclosing the toner delivery unit(The one that swings out to the right of the machine so you can get to the process section) I have had exactly what you describe on a few occasions and all it was that the toner delivery unit not quite located correctly...Si

Stirton.M
12-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Try opening and firmly reclosing the toner delivery unit(The one that swings out to the right of the machine so you can get to the process section) I have had exactly what you describe on a few occasions and all it was that the toner delivery unit not quite located correctly...Si

Yep...*nods*

random
12-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah, there are two switchs on the door, one tells the UI the door is shut and the other tells the engine the door is shut, stupid idea. Easy to have a false positive.

copierlady
01-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Yep the nods get it. It was the little magled door arm. Woring fine now thanks guys!

Custom Search