PDA

View Full Version : Finding a company to re-write serial numbers on circuit boards

Custom Search

technuthardway
12-30-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm trying to find a company that can re-write the serial numbers on the main circuit board of a KM C500. Someone apparently did some "creative swapping" and we now have a main board for some other C500 that I'm told is long gone. I heard there was a company out there that could do this. I'm hoping someone can save me here! Thanks

Albonline
12-30-2009, 08:32 PM
there is a utility that will do what you want but it is strictly controled by konica. they may clear the board for you if you are a certified tech.

300EVIL
12-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Yeah, they'll do it but the service costs about $1000. You can buy another C500 for that.

Stirton.M
12-31-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm trying to find a company that can re-write the serial numbers on the main circuit board of a KM C500. Someone apparently did some "creative swapping" and we now have a main board for some other C500 that I'm told is long gone. I heard there was a company out there that could do this. I'm hoping someone can save me here! Thanks

Serial number resides on the NVRAM primarily and cannot be reset without sending this back to KM. It is considered an anti-theft feature, amongst other things.

in 25 mode (press and hold "P" key until machine prompts for 4 digit code. Enter 9272 and press start key.

From there, select 25 mode.

And then "Board change mode"

You "might" be able to correct the number there, but I have my doubts.

kmcopier
01-01-2010, 01:12 PM
save your time It can't be done in the field......It's is as Albonline mentiod strictly ONLY for KonicaMinolta repair center... You can send the boards for reset but I think it's cheaper too buy a new one if you need one .....
You can us this board for testing to find out if you have an problem on a C500.to check if it comes from the board.
You only have then thin stripes on your prints,and if you turn off and on the machine you get a C code..

Gr KMCOPIER

Custom Search