PDA

View Full Version : Code 4520 Biz pro C5500

Custom Search

copydude
12-31-2009, 06:46 AM
The machine has been running fantastically, I have the levels etc.
I went to run a job and on warm up it kicks a 4520 code and shuts down, I have tried twice to shut down an reboot, to no avail.
the book says PRCB, color registration sensor PS8 or PS9

help please

Si@danwood
12-31-2009, 09:26 AM
4520 relates to colour registration abnormality. I would say that you have an issue with the transfer belt Asy,most likely the belt will have "shifted" either to the front or rear of the unit.You may be able to reposition it without any issues ,although i tend to replace them and claim warranty(been bit the ass too often).Having said all this it may just be the cleaning blade leaking!!...Si

Stirton.M
12-31-2009, 10:06 AM
The machine has been running fantastically, I have the levels etc.
I went to run a job and on warm up it kicks a 4520 code and shuts down, I have tried twice to shut down an reboot, to no avail.
the book says PRCB, color registration sensor PS8 or PS9

help please

I agree with Si@danwood. Check the bearings for belt tension, they are known to seize or pop out of their mounts. If the cleaning unit is impacted with toner and is not doing its job, check the drive gear for the auger that is inside the process area at the back...small white gear rides on a d-shaft, gets rounded out. Usually toner filter is in need of replacing...telltale sign is toner dust all over the inner areas.

You can also clean the sensors on the registration assembly if the belt unit checks out. And update firmware to v60.

And in most cases, it may be the registration assembly itself. There is a TSB related to replacing the assembly with a modified unit.

random
12-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Have a look at the belt if it appears ok (not wrinkle or damage) then check the colour reg sensors. Best to pull them out and clean the windows and the brushes as they will re apply dirty toner if saturated.

copydude
12-31-2009, 04:45 PM
thanks to all that replied :) you were all correct, I just finished the full PM on the transfer assembly, and the tension was no longer correct, the belt had shifted and toner was leaking, after an overnight shutdown, it came back online, and I did a test copy and it had toner droppings all over it, SO I opened the assembly and visibly saw the belt had loosened and shifted. etc. so I removed it cleaned it and rest the tension, all though I did not see any thing that had popped out, I will (if repeated) check that better next time..
Thanks once more for your assistance.
Karl

random
12-31-2009, 07:43 PM
If the belt had shifted (assume towards the back) you may have to adjust the cam postion at the front of the transfer belt at the bottom. Otherwise it'll just walk right off again.

copydude
12-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Have a look at the belt if it appears ok (not wrinkle or damage) then check the colour reg sensors. Best to pull them out and clean the windows and the brushes as they will re apply dirty toner if saturated.

sorry, exactly where would those be located?
I was extremely close to getting a wrinkled belt when it went off line.

Custom Search