PDA

View Full Version : 3102 Transfer Roller Cleaning...

Custom Search

300EVIL
12-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Has anyone tested what is safe to use on these rollers? Fedron? LOL! I was thinking of trying 99% isopropyl but wanted to check and see if anyone has a damage proof method.
Thanks!
EVIL

minimerlin
12-31-2009, 09:36 PM
Has anyone tested what is safe to use on these rollers? Fedron? LOL! I was thinking of trying 99% isopropyl but wanted to check and see if anyone has a damage proof method.
Thanks!
EVILI would suggest that you did not try to clean that roller! It is a vital part for good transfer in that it is a charged roller, therefore any liquid that you use will probably damage it. Is it just a bit dusty looking or are your printouts/copies bad? It may have reached its life?
The only item I use ever on these rollers is a clean soft brush!

Stirton.M
12-31-2009, 09:53 PM
I would suggest that you did not try to clean that roller! It is a vital part for good transfer in that it is a charged roller, therefore any liquid that you use will probably damage it. Is it just a bit dusty looking or are your printouts/copies bad? It may have reached its life?
The only item I use ever on these rollers is a clean soft brush!

I've found that most times, though cleaning will help when dealing with backside transfer to paper from this roller, that it is best to replace this when I replace the belt unit. Toner and other crap that gets into the sponge can really wreak havoc on 2nd transfer potentials.

In a pinch, I use the shop vac with brush attachment. But even then...

fixthecopier
12-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Yeah, what they said. Only a cloth or vacuum, no liquids.

Hansoon
01-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Since long we are cleaning them with water and a few drops of dish-washing liquid:

Clean the roller first with compressed air as much as possible, then soak the roller in plain water (to avoid that the water/detergent mixture used later on penetrates too much). Now the roller can be cleaned with the water/detergent mixture and a sponge by rubbing off carefully without damaging the roller surface.

After thorough rinsing with plain water and blowing as much water as possible out with compressed air we leave them to dry overnight.

Worked very well until now for us.

Hans

300EVIL
01-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Since long we are cleaning them with water and a few drops of dish-washing liquid:

Clean the roller first with compressed air as much as possible, then soak the roller in plain water (to avoid that the water/detergent mixture used later on penetrates too much). Now the roller can be cleaned with the water/detergent mixture and a sponge by rubbing off carefully without damaging the roller surface.

After thorough rinsing with plain water and blowing as much water as possible out with compressed air we leave them to dry overnight.

Worked very well until now for us.

Hans

Hey Hans,
OOOH! I like this method. I will give it a try and report back with my findings. I just want to remove some of the text that stuck to the roller from misfeeds. I have extra rollers if I mess one up. Thanks a lot for everyone's comments!
EVIL

Custom Search