PDA

View Full Version : C550 with FK502 error R77

Custom Search

lanierboy
01-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a customer with a C550 with FK502 fax kit that just will not work.

I can send a fax ok but when receiving i get R77 errors. there is no specific fix in the manuals for this error and KM blaim line noise but if i plug in an old sagem mfp to the line i can send and receive ok.

I have played with most of the timing settings but this does not help.also tried a line filter still NG.

anyone had this before???

thanks

Albonline
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
we've seen this before on the fk502. it is line noise. yes you can get a different fax to work on the same line but the fk is more sensitve to line noise than older fax units. sorry

Stirton.M
01-05-2010, 02:17 PM
I agree.

Force the machine to transmit at 28.8 instead of 36. The reduced speed will help for error correction.

Line noise is a problem and affects all FK502 units.

Generally, NO FILTERS WHATSOEVER. I do not care if the line is DSL. Those filters interfere with fax signals. The DSL filters are voice only filters.

Also, use the two conductor cord provided, and if at all possible, eliminate any splitters to a "second phone" on the circuit. Also, the shorter the phone line, the better. Long extensions tend to be extremely noisy via EMF from AC sources. The fewer physical connects to the fax the better. Also, line polarity is important. The signal may be AC, but the phase is important.

The ultimate solution is to place a SNR monitor on this line. Not exactly practical to purchase one of these, but in cases such as this, it can help you "make" the customer understand the problem is not the fax, but their line.

lanierboy
01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
many thanks for the information, I do suspect that the customer has thier broadband on the same line as well.

thanks again

alexfixes
01-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have a customer with a C550 with FK502 fax kit that just will not work.

I can send a fax ok but when receiving i get R77 errors. there is no specific fix in the manuals for this error and KM blaim line noise but if i plug in an old sagem mfp to the line i can send and receive ok.

I have played with most of the timing settings but this does not help.also tried a line filter still NG.

anyone had this before???

thanks

I had only this problem one time with bizhub600 and the probelm they couldn't recieve faxes, the firmware had to be updated. once this was done they were able to send and recieve ok. aslo set the fax to factory default and reinilize the bord and do the setup and see if this helps.

alexfixes
01-09-2010, 01:49 AM
I agree.

Force the machine to transmit at 28.8 instead of 36. The reduced speed will help for error correction.

Line noise is a problem and affects all FK502 units.

Generally, NO FILTERS WHATSOEVER. I do not care if the line is DSL. Those filters interfere with fax signals. The DSL filters are voice only filters.

Also, use the two conductor cord provided, and if at all possible, eliminate any splitters to a "second phone" on the circuit. Also, the shorter the phone line, the better. Long extensions tend to be extremely noisy via EMF from AC sources. The fewer physical connects to the fax the better. Also, line polarity is important. The signal may be AC, but the phase is important.

The ultimate solution is to place a SNR monitor on this line. Not exactly practical to purchase one of these, but in cases such as this, it can help you "make" the customer understand the problem is not the fax, but their line.

I had only this problem one time with bizhub600 and the probelm they couldn't recieve faxes, the firmware had to be updated. once this was done they were able to send and recieve ok. aslo set the fax to factory default and reinilize the bord and do the setup and see if this helps.
if we connect to single analog line would this help. Thanks.

Custom Search