PDA

View Full Version : C451 Tray3 NFG!

Custom Search

Copper
01-05-2010, 08:36 PM
good day i have a C451 which tray 3 will not lift,have swapped motor from tray 4,same with all the sensors.swapped tray, driver board out with another m/c still no joy! Any ideas will be greatly appreciated

chexin51
01-05-2010, 09:14 PM
I know this might sound stupid but give it a try anyways. Check that you don't have a piece of paper that is stuck in the connector between the drawer and the machine side connector. This paper would prevent any electrical connection. You must examine both connectors with a flashlight because maybe only one has paper in it. This can sometimes happen when the client clears a paper jam but doesn't get all the paper out. Let us know what you find and we can go further if neccessary.

KEVIN900
01-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Hey Cooper, anothing to look for; At the rear of the tray 3 paper feed unit, you'll see a white lever, that when pushed in by the paper cassette, engages the paper feed rollers to the paper in the cassette. Sometimes the rear of the cassette doesn't reach that white lever. I've had success with trying to get the paper cassette to close tighter by A) adjusting the front plate of the paper cassette ( the plastic panel that has the handle ). or B) building up the rear of the cassette where it touches the lever with layers of tape, or a carefully fabricated sticky backed piece of metal, much like the kind many companies use as ID tags on their machines. Good Luck.

SmellsHot
01-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Hey, I know this may sound very easy and simple, but i had this same problem....when the tray is pushed in and paper is loaded in tray, machine still says to load paper or empty cassette...
Look very very closely at your sensors in your feed ass'y. I had a small piece of paper actually formed into the sensor, so you couldn't even notice it......I thought someone was pulling a prank on me!!!
I went round and round with this!! Make sure to check those sensors!!!

Mr Spock
01-06-2010, 03:21 AM
Also check the service mode and check for the fault isolation is not "set" for tray 3. If it is then make it unset then power off and on. Some of the trays trip a fault code and turn this on to keep the machine working.

Copper
01-07-2010, 05:23 AM
thanx for the feedback,although I've check all of these items,my first check was to see if there was something blocking the sensors and if there was no error code! any other ideas?

SmellsHot
01-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Did you try and swap tray 3 and 4 feed assy's?? This would at least narrow it down to the assy......If it follows assy I would check your PS 20.......maybe switch with PS19...right next to it

NIKIL.KP
11-02-2010, 08:53 PM
i am facing the same problem as you said have you sorted the issue please help me solving the above said problem as i tried all the things until drive board

Custom Search