PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 350, strange problem

Custom Search

copyman
01-06-2010, 08:18 PM
when you close the doc feeder with or without paper on glass it beeps and message on display is no matching paper install 11 x 17 paper. The only way I can get it to display ready and use doc feeder is lift adf only an inch or two so the exp lamp dont come on, then it will allow doc feeder to work. It will be fine until next time you open ADF all the way and then close it.
I turned off original detection and did F7-1 in tech rep mode. Also adjusted right adf hinge to see if that would allow magnet in front to have better contact, did not help.
Any other ideas appreciated. Thanks

BIG PAPA
01-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Stupid thought but did u clean the optics?

fixthecopier
01-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Those fins on top detect the paper size. Open up that part of the ADF and make sure nothing is stuck on the photocell.

KEVIN900
01-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Also check out your User Settings. Perhaps the default settings were toyed with. Check default paper drawer, and also the setting for "small originals".:rolleyes:

copyman
01-07-2010, 12:46 AM
thanks for the replies

optics were cleaned.

the problem is not that the adf is not working, I swapped the adf to test. It thinks there is an 11 x 17 original on the glass and therefore not allow adf to work. Like I said if you lift the adf just a little, like an inch and then close message goes away then you can use the adf all day until the adf is open normally then closed.

mrwho
01-07-2010, 12:09 PM
I really hate those machines and can't tell you exactly how, but on other machines you have the possibility of calibrating the original sensors. Check if you can do it with that machine.

Either that or you have some sensor malfunctioning...

SmellsHot
01-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Give this a try.....
First check to make sure that your width and lenght sensors under the glass are spotless.
Next....go into service mode....I/O check.....scanner....with ADF closed make sure that all three are 1. Open adf and make sure the bottom two change from 1 to 0.
good luck

RRodgers
01-07-2010, 04:02 PM
If you can, turn the lights off in the room (if you can do this without disturbing anyone) and then see if it does it. If it does not try to move the machine some as the lights overhead are effecting it.

KEVIN900
01-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Listen to RRodgers. I Think he hit the nail on the head

mrwho
01-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Probably, hence the original sensor calibration on some machines (although I don't know about this one).

fixthecopier
01-07-2010, 10:54 PM
If the light thing does not pan out, change the pwb "A" on the copier. You would be surprised what it can do to the ADF and have you chasing your tail.

tech3105
01-08-2010, 11:35 AM
I can't remember the exact symptom but I had one where a tech removed the fax kit and when he reinstalled that upper rear cover he didn't get it seated right (the actuator cut-out was too close to the actuator) and it would snag that spring-loaded RADF detect flag. That caused some odd on-the-glass issues. ??? Not KMBS' best model.

copyman
01-08-2010, 01:03 PM
tech 3105,

thanks i will check that.

as for the bizhub not being kmbs best model I have to disagree. i work closely with a large kmbs dealer and the service manager told me that this is one of the best later models that was sold by his company. He stated that they sold over 1000 units and it has proven to be very good. He did mention to stay away from the 2010/3010.

tech3105
01-08-2010, 07:56 PM
tech 3105,

thanks i will check that.

as for the bizhub not being kmbs best model I have to disagree. i work closely with a large kmbs dealer and the service manager told me that this is one of the best later models that was sold by his company. He stated that they sold over 1000 units and it has proven to be very good. He did mention to stay away from the 2010/3010.

I agree, ANY of the Bizhub line is superior to other lines I've worked on. I didn't mean to insult the entire series. In fact, I've even gotten used to the quirks of the K200/250/350 family and don't mind them. The only series of the line I really don't care for (and it's not really HATE; just a distaste) is the Bizhub 500/420 series. Error Code C2403 anyone? :)

BIG PAPA
01-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Yes the 2403 code was interesting, but if all mods are installed and parts replaced no problems. I had 500's with 750k and only calls were the 3 PM's.

humpty dumpty
01-20-2010, 05:32 PM
check the settings of the machine of metric and inch settings this will give you problems, also where the doc feeder closes and contacts the machine remove the black conection block and spring on the doc feeder.

Kmdurrin
01-20-2010, 07:54 PM
I agree, ANY of the Bizhub line is superior to other lines I've worked on. I didn't mean to insult the entire series. In fact, I've even gotten used to the quirks of the K200/250/350 family and don't mind them. The only series of the line I really don't care for (and it's not really HATE; just a distaste) is the Bizhub 500/420 series. Error Code C2403 anyone? :)

But wait... KMBS said I was the only one having problems with that code. As for the doc feeder: have you updated the firmware?

Downunder
02-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Make sure fimeware version is s at least 70 best to 80. Put 5 A3 sheets of paper on glass and f-2
Also check the black lever that is activated when you close the doc feeder.

Rudi
02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Go to the warm restart menu and do a total clear .

JtheCopyGuy
02-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Having the same issue... this would be the 2nd machine that has done this to me. Last one was a NEC IT3530 (so same thing as a Bizhub 350). LAST time I did firmware update, total wipe of system, replaced the front magnetic sensor, the rear 15 degree sensor, the two original size detect under the glass, the glass itself (after cleaning repeatedly). The entire ADF got swapped. I adjusted it and adjusted it and adjusted it. I went back thinking I was going to have to replace CCD... and it just had gone away. Yep... just one day it was seeing a piece of 11x17 on the glass, had to do the "lift it 2 inches".
Now I have yet another machine doing this. Did a firmware update, adjusted, adjusted, adjusted, replaced original size detect sensors. I have played with all the settings, the Inch/Metric to Inch, the Original size options, F7-1, F7-2 and gone through the service manual a few times attempting to find a way to fix this.
I'm going to call Minolta, then NEC tech support this afternoon and see if either have any bright ideas. I wonder how rare this problem is? I've run into it on 2 out of probably 50 machines and just on the Bizhub 350/NEC IT3530.

JtheCopyGuy
02-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Annnddd I feel like an idiot.... found a TAD on it:

TAUS0650433EN00
Statistics
Last Used in the Contact Center: 11/5/2009
Times Used in the Contact Center: 8
Views: 375
Related to Escalated Issue: No
Created: 7/30/2006
Modified: 7/30/2006
Priority: Normal
Products
Products: bizhub 350
Options: None Specified
Details
Subject: DF605, original size is not correctly detected. When any size original is placed on the glass, the paper size is shown as 11x17. A 'remove original from glass' message will be indicated if the document feeder is used (no original on glass).
Description:
DF605, original size is not correctly detected. When any size original is placed on the glass, the paper size is shown as 11x17. A 'remove original from glass' message will be indicated if the document feeder is used (no original on glass).

CAUSE: Removing the back panel can sometimes push the original position sensor upwards.

SOLUTION: Please check for proper positioning of the original position sensor.

http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/media/df605_orig_sensor.jpg

copyman
02-10-2010, 06:53 PM
After trying everything including the bulletin info I ended up disconnecting the rear sensor and it has been good ever since. It will recognize the originals through feeder and select the right size paper but off the glass it feeds from default tray unless you select different paper size. no big deal for most end users because they use the feeder most of the time anyway.

Custom Search